Monday, September 6, 2010

busy day

Today was another "hit the ground running" day. Spent most of yesterday out shopping and looking for a new car. My car doesn't want to start some days, but it's becoming weekly now. I was out on Friday shopping with the youngest and we sat in the parking lot for an hour and a half before the car decided to start. I had called hubby and he was actually on the way to get me by the time it finally started. Usually, when it won't start, I have to let it sit for about 10 minutes and then it starts right up. Not that day. When we were out on Sunday, for any short trips we left a kid in the car instead of turning it off. My thinking is I just don't want to sit for who knows how long. After the Friday ordeal I took it to a mechanic who checked it with his computer and he told me nothing is showing up as being wrong. His best guess was about four different things it could be, but not really sure. He told me my options are to slowly replace those things, wait until a check engine light or service light comes on, or wait until the car finally won't start anymore. Not options I wanted to hear, but at least he was being honest. Maybe, or maybe he just didn't know. Either way, it didn't cost me anything. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get it in to a GMC dealer this week and see what they have to say about it. I know it's a long shot, but maybe I can get it fixed, really fixed, this week. I'm tired of sitting.

Since we are going away soon, I've finally looked at the calendar and the date is registering. This week we have to work on getting everything out of the garden and my job is to do something with all the produce. Hubby reminded me today not to shop for food this week and to make sure all the produce is gone by the time we are ready to go.

We have to take the cat with us so we bought her a new pet taxi. Fun, fun. She hates the thing, crys and claws at it like crazy. We put her in it a few times yesterday and finally by the end of the day she just went in and laid down. But that pitiful meow she has just breaks my heart. Now that she seems to be adjusting, I have to start taking her on short rides in the car. And I wonder why I'm not looking forward to this trip??

Got up earlier than I needed to today but glad I did, got a lot accompolished. Had a headache for most of the day, and my eyes have been burning all day. All I want to do is close them, but just to much on today's list, so I'm going to bed early tonight.

The boys got two buckets of tomatoes from the garden along with tons and tons of green beans. Quite a lot of hot peppers to, gave some to my friend who stopped by this morning as well as some zucchini, corn, and tomatoes. We don't have corn in the garden but hubby doesn't eat it and neither do I anymore. I just learned that corn creates acid in your stomach, that's the last thing I need, so no more for me. I froze some of the hot peppers and also put some in vinegar and salt for hubby to use to. Tomorrow I have to freeze the green beans and tomatoes. Wednesday or Thursday I'll make zucchini bread. Promised I would take the youngest shoe shopping on Wednesday. He has other stops to make to, but I don't think that's happening. Just to much to do in the few hours until hubby has to go to work.



1 comment:

Amrita said...

Hi Madison, love your pretty blooms

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.