School starts back for me tomorrow. In a way I'm excited, but also not. Lots of time hitting the books and researching for papers. The boys don't start for another two weeks yet. They will go for one day and then we are away to see my parents. School starting is a sure sign of cooler weather and I'm all for that! It's so stinkin hot here today. The weatherman is talking a 5 day heat wave, sure hope he's wrong on that one, I was getting used to the comfortable temps and no ac. It was nice outside most of the day because there was a decent breeze blowing, but the house was so hot I caved and put the air on. Supposed to go into the 60's I think tonight so sleeping will be good.
Saturday morning I got on the scale like I always do and the number came up the exact same as last week. Ok, so I moved the scale to a different spot and still the same number. Put the scale back into time out and went and had breakfast. Just because the scale is going down for me doesn't mean we've become friends, lol. I was thinking during breakfast that maybe the scale wasn't working properly or maybe it needs a new battery so I decided to weigh myself after breakfast. Now, you would think on a full stomach the number would be higher, right? Hopped on the scale and I'm down a pound. After breakfast! Well, at least the scales working, I think. Decided not to use that days weight and use this mornings. This morning I'm down 1.6, my normal loss. One things for sure, I lost at least 1 pound this week.
Hubby and the oldest attacked the garden yesterday. When I saw how much they picked I was sorry I asked them to go in. Tons and tons of green beans, lots of jalapeno peppers, tons of tomatoes, a few cucumbers and few zucchini. And they never made it to the kale and cauliflower. The zucchini and cucumbers I just put in the fridge because we can just eat them. I really want to make zucchini bread with some because I haven't made any zucchini bread this year yet. The tomatoes I'll freeze tomorrow after work as well as the green beans. Hubby told me I could freeze the jalapeno peppers as is to use over the winter so I'll do them to. Easy stuff, maybe the tomatoes I'll freeze on Tuesday after work because they will take some time to do. The cherry tomatoes I'll make a little salsa out of. It's almost impossible to take the skin off cherry tomatoes.
Have pics of the garden in its overgrown state, but just haven't uploaded them yet.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
1 comment:
All the best to your boys at school.
My niece starts university next week.
Nice veggies those are. Zuchini is v.v. expensiice but we can substitute it with a gourf.
I am writing about Indian cooking on the Scarf Sisiter blog, you can check it out as i link my posts.
Post a Comment