Saturday, August 21, 2010

To much to do

It's been a super busy week. Few hot and humid days which seem to just suck the energy right out of me lately. Hubby has been visiting the garden on a regular basis and every day I come home from work there is some type of produce waiting for me on the kitchen table, lol. At least he's keeping up with the picking in the garden.

I'm glad the summer is coming to an end and yet I can't believe how fast it's gone. Last week of August, wow! I've finally had the time to talk to hubby today and catch him up on everything he should know, like the oldest birthday is Tuesday. That snuck up on me for sure. I'm clueless as to what to get him. I had gotten him a set of books from one of his favorite authors way back in May. I hid them and with a little searching, I found them today.

I mentioned to hubby that Peebles is having a clearance sale and told him I wanted to go and look for clothes for myself. He told me to wait until Christmas. Hah, not happening, lol! There is a pile of clothes started in the corner of my room that is to big. I'll just shove it in the back of the closet one day, maybe when I can put my shorts and tank tops away. I just finished going through my jeans today. What I really need are tops that fit. I've gone down a size in my tops and I don't see myself going any lower. At least I haven't ever worn a smaller size. I finally sat down and calculated just how much I've lost since June. I asked hubby if he noticed, why I asked, who knows, but his response was about 2 or 3 pounds. I told him I lost exactly 20 pounds as of today. That's a little more than the weight of the cat, she's 17 pounds. I told him I lost as much as the cat weighs, he looked shocked, lol. I guess him seeing me everyday he doesn't notice it as much. I don't care, I'm happy.

So hubby decided he was going to Peebles with me tomorrow. Personally I think he doesn't want me spending to much money, lol. I told him I wasn't going to buy anything unless it was marked really low. Peebles can be an expensive store and why spend a lot of money on something I might only wear a few months. His excuse was he wants to get the oldest a pair of sneakers since the shoes are all buy one and get one half.

The paperwork has been piling up on my desk all week now. I'm feeling overwhelmed just looking at it. The plan was to tackle it tomorrow since it's supposed to rain for the next three days, but my plans have changed now. I have to get in the mindset to do this and I'm just not there yet. I'm only working 2 days this week because of my lady's doc appts, so maybe I can get in the mood to deal with it. I have to do it soon.

I've been seeing more trees with leaves changing color. I can't wait for the cooler weather, I'm so done with this heat and humidity! It's been comfortable enough that I turned the air off and just keeping the windows open. It was cool enough last night that I actually grabbed an extra blanket to put on the bed. My kind of weather, lol!

For the most part our Internet connection is up and running. Except for my computer. For some reason, not sure why, my computer can't be hooked into the phone line like it was before. The oldest said something about the way he redid everything with the router and stuff. Whatever! I just know I'm not liking this stick thingie for the router. The boys know my USB ports are not working well, or just not working, so why give me the stick thingie?? Kids!!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Nice to hear you lost all that weight Madison. I 've lost too and my tops are lose, I 'll get a tailor to tuck them in.

Hope shopping was fun

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.