Monday, June 14, 2010

Unwanted attention

Feeling:
Frustrated
Upset
Sad
Angry
Irritated
Helpless
Overextended

There's a lot going on right now so I thought blogging would help me work through all those feelings I'm having.
First, my mom's been having heart problems. I've been calling on a weekly basis to see how she's doing since they live 7 hours away. Last time I talked to her everything was fine and she was going back to the doc to have the other 20% of her clogged artery taken care of. That was last Friday. Now, I don't remember the day I called but it was sometime between Friday and Sunday. Well, on Tuesday she had open heart surgery. I found out on Sunday when I called this week. What really bothers me because I'm on face book with cousins and not one of them told me. Both my brother and sister know and no one made the effort to contact me. I get smacked between the eyes with it when I finally remember to call before 8 pm. That is a big problem I have. I remember to call, but it's usually after 9 pm when I remember and my parents are usually in bed by then. They would hear from me a lot more if they didn't go to bed so early, lol.
Anyway, moms still in the hospital. She was supposed to come home on Sunday but since her heart isn't beating normally, she has to stay until it does. I know nothing about the heart so I'm so out of my element on this one. I'm assuming they are either regulating her heart meds or trying to wean her off the heart med. I wanted to call her, but with all the monitors she has she can't wear her hearing aid, so she wouldn't be able to hear me on the phone if I called.
I want to go see her, but the problem is finding the time to go. I feel I have to take the boys with me if I go. But, this week the youngest has to go to school for 2 days to take exams so he can graduate. Next week is graduation practice, and graduation. I have tests and doc appts because my allergies are so off the wall and my doc wants to find out just what is causing it. If my allergies were mild, I'd hold off, but they are quite severe to the point of sometimes it's hard to breathe. I've thought of taking about 4 days or so starting this weekend, but things are just so busy. The plan is to go in July after the holiday which I'm still going to do, but just maybe move the date to leave up. Most everything will be done in June which has been the plan all along. I've thought about leaving on Saturday and coming back on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I keep flip flopping about that. Maybe that's a sign that I shouldn't go just yet. I don't know. Hubby's no help either. He says go this weekend and then go again in July. My living rooms ripped apart. One of those home projects which we thought would be a simple fix, but as we got into it, there's more to it than we originally thought. If I go and take the boys, there goes hubby's helper with the living room. Hubby can't get a day off right now, so he's been getting up earlier than usual and working in the living room and then leaving for work.
I feel bad if I don't go to see mom right now and I feel bad if I do go and leave hubby with everything on his shoulders and the longer I have to put off getting some relief from my allergies. I thought sleeping on it would help, but I still feel the same today as I did yesterday. Except the one thing that keeps going through my mind is if I wait until moms home and settled, things won't be so busy and unsettled and that may be a better time to go. And stay for a while.

1 comment:

LYN said...

MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO GO THIS WEEKEND..
YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN AND YOU CAN NEVER GET THE TIME BACK..
I DO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL..WHEN MY MUM WAS ILL I WAS 3000 MILES AWAY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY...
AND THEN SHE DIED...

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.