Thursday, September 3, 2009

Do not want a repeat of yesterday

The only way to describe yesterday was bad, bad, bad.......... Did not sleep well the night before so that made getting up that much harder. To many body aches.

As soon as I walk in the door my lady's phone is ringing. It's work. Wanting to know if I could do a few hours in the evening for this case that has been haunting me since it opened. Originally, I was going to take it, then changed my mind. Every time someone calls off, I get called to cover. I don't know what happened but I opened my mouth and said I would do it. Didn't give it much thought throughout the day. As I was ready to leave, they called again and gave me the details and directions. Ok. The directions had me really confused, so I tried finding the road on map quest. No luck. Pulled out my map of the county and it was on there. Knew where the road was. Ok, looking better. Call hubby and tell him I need gas and asked him to make me a sandwich because I have less than an hour before I have to leave again. Get out in the car and it won't start. Give it a few minutes and still nothing. I'm thinking maybe I flooded it. Wait some more, nothing. Ok. Call hubby and tell him I need to borrow the truck. Call work and tell them I'll be late. Put the windows up in the car, turn the key and the darn thing starts! Well, just going to wait for hubby. Don't trust the car now. Really don't want to get stuck in this persons driveway all night either. So I take the truck. Find the house and everything ok. The driveway is steep and windy. Never occurred to me that I have to drive back down that driveway in the dark. Later it occurred to me that I should have turned the truck around. The night went by ok, except the guy was back breaking! Very, very uncooperative. His son was there helping me. Glad he was, don't think my back would have made it if he wasn't. Go to leave and I realize it's really dark out there. Slowly back the truck down the driveway. Stopped every few minutes to make sure I was on the driveway and not the lawn. I get close to the end and all of a sudden I can't move. I'm stuck. Stick it in drive, nothing. Reverse, nothing. Oh, crap! I look out the driver side window and realize I had gone into the lawn. Problem was, it was raised up about 2 feet from the road. The bottom of the truck is caught. First I start to panic. Calling someone is no good. Then I consider walking back to the house and telling him I'm stuck. Can't get a tow truck around here at night. Then it hits me. The truck has 4 wheel drive. Say a more desperate prayer this time and put it in 4 wheel low. Nothing. Ok. If 4 wheel high doesn't work, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Put it in and the truck jumps. Put it in drive and I get myself off the hump and back onto the driveway. Then I have to inch it out to the road. Really wasn't sure where the driveway ended and the road began, but I did it. Glad it was a dark, lonely back road. Thanked God all the way home and that's when I decided I'm not going back there. Ever again!! Sometimes when you have a hard time doing something, I firmly believe that you shouldn't do it. Last night was one of those times.

Got a good look at the truck this morning and it has weeds and stuff hanging underneath it, lol! I did tell hubby last night what happened, he just kind of grinned. I'm not so sure he really understood what I was saying. All he kept saying was to go home and go to bed. As if!


This morning I'm moving very slowly and painfully. It's going to be a long day. Didn't get much sleep last night because I hurt so bad. Just couldn't relax much. By the time I did it was time to get up. Hopefully my lady won't be in a mood do get anything accomplished and my body can rest some. This work day just can't go fast enough for me!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Oh dear all is in one day and having to face it alone.

Glad you got yor truck unstuck, it would have quite a struggle,.

I can imagine how tired you must have been.
Hope you had a good weekend.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.