One thing I like about blogging, it clears my head. And believe me, my head is jumbled lately. Tuesday I get a call from work to do a hospice case. I agree to do it. I can fit it in before my other case. Makes for a longer day, but it's hospice and maybe I need to be out of the house more anyway. I'm thinking if I'm away more, than the things that bother me won't be so bothersome because they might not seem that big of a deal. Anyway, hubby's cousin left on Wednesday. I had to get the chicken and stuff from in town and drop his kids off at the other relatives house. Ok, one night, not a big deal.
Hubby calls me later that night to inform me that I have to drop the cousins kids off EVERYDAY until he gets back. Now, if the drive wasn't to far, I probably wouldn't mind, but we're talking an hour round trip. Yes, that bothers me. What also bothers me is that hubby just volunteered me without even asking me first. It also bothers me that the other relatives house, there are 4 drivers in the house, two college students. Every time I drop these kids, the college kids and the wife are there. And just why are they not coming back to get these kids????? Why am I doing this???????? Her husband drops them off at the school inthe morning because he has to go to the station to get the paperwork, and the school is on his way. Their house is not on my way. Coming home and going back is not on my way either. I asked hubby how I got to be the lucky one to do this and he said his cousin begged him. And he just volunteered me without asking me. But then again, this is a man who thinks I have nothing to do after work. And that I only work a few hours. I'd like to know who he thinks takes care of all the other stuff in the house, who does his errands, who does the station errands, how the money gets in the bank and how the bills get paid and who buys food and all that other stuff I do that he doesn't think I'm responsible for.
My days would be shorter if I didn't try to do other things after work, but why should I give up those things because I have a husband who doesn't think about all I really do. Maybe he just doesn't really care either. I've considered charging him for everything I do, problem is, he wouldn't be able to afford me. I would have thought that his thinking would change since when I was sick it took him and his cousin to do everything I do myself, but I was wrong. Short memory I guess.
I've considered quitting work, but that just makes hubby spaz and say he'll need to work more. More?? The man works 12 to 14 hours a day 7 days a week. How can he possible work more? I think he just says that so I won't quit. He doesn't have the time to work more, and if I quit we'd still be ok. Sometimes I think he does this because he thinks I need to be occupied, or maybe so he knows what I'm doing and where I'm at. I don't know, just wish I knew what was going through his head when he does this stuff to me so I can change his thinking.
Spent the weekend home with a nasty head cold. Called off from work today because I knew my lady wouldn't let me in sneezing and coughing and stuff. The other case is hospice, he already has a weakened immune system. I don't even know if they would want me there anyway, so I did, what I thought was right, and stayed home. This afternoon I get a nasty message about not working............. Yet, every year we do an in service, and every year we are told if we are sick to stay home. So stay home and deal with an attitude because you did. Just can't win. If I knew I could get another job in about a week, I'd quit. I'm that tired of it all.
The only good news is I'm done with school until January. I really, really need the break!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

No comments:
Post a Comment