Wednesday, February 3, 2010

39 days..........I can do this

Woke up to about another 4 inches of snow this morning. It's been flurring all day long, but not accumulating. The schools were delayed for 2 hours this morning, enough to have the roads get better. Those kinds of mornings throw me off to. I'm used to having the kitchen and bathroom all to myself. Sharing isn't something I plan for in the mornings.

So, so tired today. Had a rough time sleeping last night. Hubby was trying all night long to find a ride to the airport for today. But then, he didn't get any information about his ticket until yesterday, so no wonder he had trouble. His cousin just told him when his flight was and what time. No return date. I asked hubby why he didn't ask because he has a wife who wants to know. He said his cousin told him he would talk to him later about it and never did. So, no taxi for this morning so he called his cousin again. His cousin ended up having to take him, but when you give someone less than 24 hours, what do you expect. Hubby had mentioned something to me about taking him to the airport, but I don't know how to get there and really, it's better if he finds a way himself. The better I can keep myself occupied the next few days, the easier it will be for me. So, as of now, he's in the air and on his way. He'll call me sometime tomorrow after he gets out of the airport. He did warn me that his uncles phone isn't working so I might not be able to get a hold of him for a few days. His sister said he could use her phone, but he wants his own phone. Normally, he uses his uncles cell phone. But, either way, as long as I know what's going on I'll be fine. Not knowing anything is what makes me worry. He did leave me his uncles and sisters cell phone numbers though. The past years I've had nothing. Have to call using calling cards. Calling cards are ok, but not the greatest. He's having someone he works with get me calling cards because the guy will give a discount. Those I won't be getting until Friday I think. I have international calling on my land line, but it's rather expensive. I wouldn't be able to pay the phone bill if I called international on the land line everyday.

So no Bible study tonight. All I really want to do is shower and veg. I'm ready for sleep. Dinner's in the oven, so soon. After dinner I have to run the oldest. He's staying with a co-worker while hubby's away. With the oldest having to be at work early in the morning, having him stay across the street works much better. He comes here after school and then after dinner I drop him off to spend the night elsewhere. Weekends he stays home. This is the option we came up with for now. Like a trial thing until hubby gets back. I'm thinking the kid isn't going to want to move out. He's not happy about this arrangement, but.......oh well.

Saturday night we went to a birthday party for the cousins daughter. Wish I had brought my camera, but I need to develop my pics on there. Memory card is full. Since 8 people wanted to go in one car, the boys stayed home and so did the cousins son. Only his daughter went. I have to say, I was not looking forward to going, but I had fun anyway. It was a long night though, and by the time the party was over, I was more than ready to go home. I still can't get over the segregation between the men and women. Still very odd to me. The only man who ventured in with the women was my husband. Of course, he was drunk and wandering like he always does. He's usually drunk enough to be entertaining for them. The cousins wife went with us but not many people really talked all that much to her. I think she must have said he wasn't happy here and ready to leave and maybe that put them all off. After all, they all have made the adjustment to living here. She was the only one who wouldn't get up and dance. So I told hubby I was determined not to be like her and I got up and danced and had fun. All the younger girls tried to get the cousins daughter up to dance, but she refused. Every time someone would approach her, her step-mom would step in. From what I saw, I think she's smothering the girl. She's 11 after all. Time to let her get out there and participate, not make her a stick-in-the-mud like her step-mother. The very last dance one of the girls came over to me and told me it was the last dance for the night and everyone gets up and dances. I really didn't want to, but I did. I did stand on the outside though, because I just couldn't handle dancing around in a circle all the time. Starting to make me dizzy, lol. By the time we got home I think it was close to 2 am. So tired. Needless to say, no church that morning.

Now that hubby has left I feel like I can finally relax. Everything is so busy before he goes. I feel like I've been running on a treadmill for a few weeks now. Time to destress and relax some.

The one good piece of news I have is that I went and bought a new pair of jeans and they are a size smaller!! I knew I had been losing weight because I could feel it in my clothes. With hubby having the scale out to weigh his suitcases, I decided to weigh myself. Bad move! That thing had the nerve to say I was 8 lbs more than the last time I weighed!! And hubby wonders why I tell him that thing lies and I hid it, lol! He wanted me to get on last night because everyone else was. I told him no, he wanted to know why, I told him the scale lies :)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.