Monday, February 15, 2010

I know Spring is comming

This is my Christmas cactus that sits next to my computer on my desk. It's finally in full bloom! I also noticed that there is another bud starting to so I can't handle it to much right now. And I need to keep the cat off the desk to. She likes it when I pull the blind up and she can sit and look outside at the snow, lol.

Speaking of the cat, she has not left one of us alone since we all got home today. She must have been lonely, lol. The oldest went to work and the youngest was over a friends house while I was at work. So she was home alone all day. Ever since we have walked in the door she's been hiding and running out and grabbing us. Now she's on the desk just watching me. No school this week so she should have company the rest of the week.
Hubby was telling me last night that it's starting to warm up over there. He said the day before was very warm. Well, it was mild here today to. Even saw the sun!! Tomorrow snow is coming in, predictions are for a few inches, hope they are right and we don't get clobbered. After Tuesday the temps are supposed to be in the upper 30's. Doesn't sound milder, but after temps in the teens and twenty's with wind chills in the single digits, it feels warmer, lol! So, as long as there's no gusty winds it should be pretty nice. Glad to, give my poor heater a break. Left the heat set at 60 all day today while nobody was here. With the sun coming in the windows, it was rather nice inside.

After we got home yesterday the oldest wanted to watch the movie, District 9 he got. Well, I didn't get even half way through it and walked out of the room. Just not into that kind of stuff anymore. Haven't watched any of the other movies yet either, probably over the weekend.

Work was good, went kind of fast. I had to go out and get some scripts for my lady and the place was packed. Everyone was looking for the half price valentines stuff. Not much was left either. They were clearing the shelves and putting Easter stuff out! Guess Easter's not that far off, haven't looked at the calender yet, all I know is it's in March.

Well, time to wake hubby up. I'm his alarm clock, lol. Last night we must have talked for probably an hour. Every time I said I wanted to get off the phone, he would start another conversation. Guess he was lonely. I use calling cards and if I'm careful with my time I can use one card twice. I usually time it to 30 minutes so I know the next night I have time left. I do lose minutes that way, but they have to last. The guy who delivers them to the station won't be coming this week, I have to wait until next Thursday to get more calling cards. I explained this to hubby. After all, the calling twice on one card was his idea anyway. He didn't seem to concerned and told me he has about 3 calling cards in his wallet. Well, they aren't doing me any good if they are with him, lol!



1 comment:

Amrita said...

Hi Brenda, your plants look lovely

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.