
Such a nice day out today. These are the kinds of days where I'm glad I work for a few hours early in the morning and that's it. I get the rest of the day to enjoy outside. Hung my wash out that I had thrown in the washer before work, and started doing some more weeding. Seems like I'm never going to get that all taken care of. Asking the boys to weed is useless because they only pull the tops of the weeds, they don't dig down for the roots. Now my arms and shoulders are tired so no more for today. Got nothing planted like I wanted to either.

My favorite flowers are gladiolas though, I have to replant them every year so I usually have them in different places. This year I bought a huge bag of bulbs to plant. Now, I don't know where I want to plant them, there's so many of them!This is the first year I bought plants from a nursery supply catalog. Most of them are planted, but the 2 I haven't gotten to yet are in a plastic bag stored in the fridge. That's what the directions said to do until time to plant them. I do have to get them planted though. This weekend's supposed to be really nice so the plan is to have everything planted by Sunday afternoon.
It's been over a week that we have been dealing with trying to get everything fixed on the car. Monday we finally got the exhaust fixed so no more attracting unwanted attention when I'm driving. I couldn't believe how small a piece of pipe they replaced. Only a few inches.
Went for an eye exam a few weeks ago and got new glasses. I had been noticing things were blurry sometimes and I just thought maybe my eyes were tired. Wrong. I also had been noticing that it was getting hard to drive at night because the headlights from oncoming traffic just seemed to blind me. I was wondering if the headlights on the newer cars were brighter. Wrong again. It's me. I haven't driven at night since I got my glasses because I really don't drive at night all that much. I have been back to the place twice to have these frames fixed though. The first time they were making me sore above my ear. I laid them down on the table and the one ear piece was up off the table. Ok, that would certainly cause pressure and make me sore. After she fixed that I noticed later that day that the frames just seemed really tight on the sides of my face. Back again to have that fixed. I've needed so many adjustments already that I've decided I don't like the frames anymore. I never had any of these problems with the other frames I had, but they were wire frames. These new ones aren't. The new ones are for distance and reading. Yes, bifocals. Talk about fun with them!! I did it that way because my insurance only pays for one pair of frames every 2 years. Had I gotten new ones for distance I still would have to carry around my glasses for reading and keep switching back and forth. All in one sounded good at the time. Except, they are not good for working on the computer. I have to wear my readers for the computer. I have to lift my head way to high to see the computer with the others. I still find myself fighting with trying to find the "right" spot to look through for certain things. Sometimes I feel like I can't see at all with them on, lol. But, it is what it is. I have decided next time I go for glasses, I'm getting wire frames for sure.
I had mentioned something to hubby about maybe returning these frames and getting different ones. Told him I probably had to pay if I wanted to do that and he told me to make do with what I have. Needless to say, he's been miserable the past few days and it's his issue and I'm not going to let myself be bothered by his miserableness. He did it to himself.
So, the car goes back to the shop on Friday, maybe if the part is in and as for my glasses, I'm just going to be saving my money slowly for a new pair and get them myself. I know myself, I won't be wearing something that's not comfortable for the next two years. Expensive lesson learned.
1 comment:
Joe needs to go to the eye doctor and I could stand a good exam to see if any thing could be done to improve mine but I doubt it. I love working with my flowers.
Post a Comment