
Today's supposed to be the best day of the weekend. Rain is coming in for the next 2 days. We took today to spend it outside working on the yard. I love how the lawn looks after it's been freshly mowed. It always looks so nice. Had the oldest working on finishing the garden. It's almost completely done. Last year a friend had given us some black slate flat stones. We moved them into the yard when the delivery came, but they never really got much farther than that. I decided I wanted a patio made out of them. The boys were loading the wheel barrow up and hauling them to the back of the yard, until they got a flat tire, lol. So, as a temporary measure they were loading a laundry basket and taking them to the back yard. Hubby and I went and priced tires for the wheel barrow. Let's just say it might be cheaper to buy a new wheel barrow! I told hubby to get a tire that doesn't go flat. Of course that's the most expensive, but worth it for us since we don't put light things in the wheel barrow. So far it's made it to the to do list.
Hubby's decided he wants to fill in the small holes in the yard and make it totally flat. Fine with me, except I think we have more pressing things to do than that. Since I've gotten my new glasses I'm still adjusting to walking outside on an uneven surface with them. He says sometimes I look like I'm drunk, lol. Just still figuring out where to look through them when I look down.
We spent the whole day outside. I got most of the bulbs planted, all but the worst of the flower beds weeded, some large planters moved around, the deck furniture out, and the flower boxes and hanging planters, some, dug out of the shed. We also worked some more of the patio. I'm not sure what's more tender, my hands from the stones or my knees from kneeling on them most of the day.
Unfortunately, we stayed outside way to long. I didn't realize how late it was until I went inside to make dinner. Boys are doing the dishes and I need to get us all organized for church tomorrow. They are going to iron their church clothes for tomorrow themselves. I have to dig out shoes and then I think that's going to be it for me. Crawling in bed with a book is sounding really good to me right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment