At least I think I am. Today is the first day since hubby's been back that I feel like myself and have actually gotten something accomplished. This past week though, boy, has that been something else!After I got hubby last week, we weren't even home 4 hours and his cousin had to come over. I was tired and irritated and glad he didn't stay very long. Came long enough to see everything hubby brought back, get his stuff, tell hubby he had to be at work at noon the next day, and leave. Hubby told him he wsn't working that day. That Monday was hubby's only day off, we went to visit the rest of the relatives and deliver their stuff.
Tuesday was a miserable day. It was pouring, damp, and cold. We have a throw rug in the doorway to our bedroom. The throw rug was wet. I thought maybe the cat threw up on it and the youngest cleaned it up before he went to school. Never gave it a second thought. Later hubby picks the rug up and realized it's wet under the rug to. A lot. He thought maybe someone spilled water there. I look up at the ceiling thinking maybe we have a leak in the roof. Nothing. So hubby gets down on the floor and starts feeling around and discovers that it's wet on the carpeting by the closet to. Oh, please no. We don't have a basement and the hot water heater is in the closet. So we take everything out and remove the piece of drywall that sits up against it and what a mess. The bottom half of the drywall is wet and there's mold on the inside of it. There's mold all over the floor behind the hot water heater to. Everything had to come out including the floor since it was leaking for a while the floor had to be replaced. I ripped the carpet up out of the closet because I'm so allergic to mold, I couldn't take that chance. No mold under the closet carpet though. The plumber dried everything as best he could and washed everything down to kill the mold. The floor is still drying so my shoes are still piled up in the bedroom. The closet floor is almost dry but not bone dry yet. Maybe another day or so and then we can put the insulation around the hot water heater and put the removable wall back up. And then my shoes can go back to their home where they belong. The only good thing that has come out if this is I've found shoes I forgot I had, lol! The weather has been much milder since that day to.
I realized on Thursday that Easter was on Sunday and didn't have anything planned or ready. Friday was spent shopping after work. My plans for Saturday were to do yard work, hubby's plans were to visit the last relative. We went visiting. At least that's done for now though. Had Monday off. Why does a day off during the week go so fast?? The youngest had a friend over and it was after 6 before I realized it. Hubby and I did a little yard work. He cut back the thorny bush that just grows wild and I got my hibiscus plants in containers and the purple tulips and pink daffodils planted outside. We both quit at the same time because he had to go to work and I had to work today, both cases, and I didn't want to be stiff and sore.
When I woke up this morning it was raining. Rained most of the morning. By noon it was starting to clear some and the sun was actually out for a few hours. This morning was cool and damp. This afternoon was warmer and quite humid. Tomorrow's supposed to be close to 80 and I think it just might be, it's very mild now and only supposed to go into the 60's overnight. Normal for us is in the mid to upper 50's. We are having June weather.
Work tomorrow is late so maybe I'll get outside and work in the vegetable garden some. I saw my chives are starting to come back, but they need to be weeded and cleaned out something awful. They were supposed to be in the herb garden but hubby put them in the veggie garden. I want to make the garden bigger this year, hubby says no. We'll see.
2 comments:
Hi Madison, glad Goga is back.
Sorry about the floor. Did you have insurance for it? Must be expensive getting a plumber do it I suppose.
We had a hot water heater like tat when my first husband and I managed to to buy a house. Our biggest fear was that the same thing would happen to us. We never enclosed ours for that reason. After we divorced he had a basement put under it and moved the heater down there. Hope you get everything dry and it stays that way.
Post a Comment