This morning was sunny, but the clouds have moved in and I'm feeling like it's hibernation time again. It's quite cool and supposed to be down right cold tomorrow. Got up at my (new) regular time, got myself ready for work and dropped the oldest to work. Had to really focus this morning on what I wanted to get done before I went to work. Kept getting distracted. Anyway, went to work and kept checking the phone. It was one of those days where I just had this "feeling." Went all the way out to work only to be met in the driveway and told I wasn't supposed to be there. Explains the "feeling." So, home I went. By that time there was no more sun and it was clouding up. Considered hanging the laundry on the line, but decided not to take the chance since it is supposed to rain/snow later tonight and into tomorrow.Last Tuesday I was supposed to be at the same place, only 10 minutes before I was to leave I got a phone call telling me they weren't going to be home. No need for me. I've thought about that since and figured I probably wasn't going to be at this place much. That's why I was waiting for a call. Got home and called my office and she wasn't happy about the situation. Quite grumpy, really. Well, think I'm happy about driving over 60 miles for nothing today?? Whatever, no fault of mine.
I'm starting to relax with this very little work thing. I've even got a routine down. Come home from work, do some housework, after lunch watch the cooking shows (really not a good idea since they make me hungry) and knit until the boys get home. Or until I have to start dinner, lol. I've gotten two baby hats done, and a pair of booties. Working on a crocheted sun hat for myself which I will probably finish either this afternoon or at knitting tonight. Quite a bit accomplished.
Hubby is coming home on Sunday. Me and the oldest are taking the train into the city to meet him and them coming home together. I'm hoping his flight is running late because he's supposed to land at 6 am and we figure it will take him about 3 hours to get out of the airport and take a cab to the train station. The earliest train leaves at 6:30 am and arrives at 8:30 am. But, if he's delayed at all I could end up sitting at the train station until noon. So, Saturday afternoon I'm going to check his flight and I'm thinking I'll get up around 5 am and check his flight again. Any delays and we are taking the 8:30 am train which arrives at 10:30 am. Was going to make reservation but decided against it because you just never know how on time things are going to be. And, JFK has closed their main runway and is using it's smaller ones which is resulting in about 2 hour delays. Have to check into that again over the weekend. Also need to make sure I can bring my knitting on the train. Two hours is a long time to sit and do nothing. At least for me.
Think I need to wrap this up, the cat is pacing and looking at me. She's probably wondering why I'm not out in the sun room so she can have a nap until the boys get here. She knows the routine, lol!
1 comment:
Glad Goga is arriving on Sunday. Wishing him safe journey.
He 'll be glad to get out before the scorching heathits.
Post a Comment