Got so much accomplished for such a dreary, damp and miserable day outside. My new lady had forgotten about the time change so I showed up an hour early. To her, lol!! Fixed all the clocks and her watch, so she's taken care of. She had quite a bit for me to do today. I had quite a bit planned for myself to do today to.It's been one of those days where I start something and realize that something else needs to be done "while I'm there" and I start that and on and on it just goes. Before I know it I have quite a few things pulled apart and a mess. I try not to do that, but today I wasn't quite successful. But, my plants all got watered. I bought those water globes for them thinking they might actually get more water over the winter that way. Only problem is, they have to be checked daily. Some need to be filled daily. I'm not very good about filling them. Anyway, they are all filled and taken care of. One plant that I cleaned and moved had water coming out the bottom. In it's new home and on it's new cover. So, had to find something to put under that. I have some pretty decorative bowls that I rarely use for serving food in so I decided to dig them out. Well, finding them was an effort in itself which required me to empty my bottom cabinets to find them. Things were so disorganized that I pulled everything out and reorganized. It looks so nice now! I've been slowly changing the curtains in all the rooms. Changed the curtains in the little bedroom today and loaded the washer with the new curtains for my bedroom. They will be washed and hung tomorrow. I think. I've done four loads of laundry today because I haven't washed since maybe Thursday of last week. I think. All the clean clothes is piling up in my bedroom because I have to give that a good cleaning. While I was watering the plants I rearranged some of the plants and small tables in the sun room and living room. I like it much better. The youngest immediately walks in and sees what I've done and explains why he doesn't like it. For the most part he's had free run of rearranging things in the house because I just figure it's getting cleaned and it's not majorly bothering me. Now that I have the time I realize I really didn't like it. And I'm realizing just how many little things need to be done. When the boys dust, they only dust the tops of things. When they vacuum they only vacuum around things. It's the little hard to reach places that need my attention now. So, I'll go slowly through the house.
Having company for dinner tomorrow so I can't get to involved. Making aloo and cauliflower. Also going to throw a salad together, some munchies to snack on before dinner and thinking about making an pineapple upside down cake. That will take me most of the afternoon. I might not get out of the kitchen at all tomorrow.
Wednesday is my late day so I have to be careful about how much I do in my own house. I know the list I have for my new lady and I can't walk in there tired. It's also Bible study night so I have a crock pot recipe out so when I get home dinner will be all done. I might not get to my room until Thursday or Friday. That's fine with me, I probably need all day to do it anyway. I've started pulling some short sleeved tops out because this one is another one who just loves her heat.
Well, now that I've rested some I need to runt he oldest and then do a quick food shopping here in town. That way I don't have to do it tomorrow.
1 comment:
Your aloo gobi sounds nice. I make it a lot and put in tomatoes and green fresh peas in it too.
Post a Comment