Sunday, March 7, 2010

Productive weekend

I've gotten quite a bit done this weekend. Now I'm so tired! Spent the whole afternoon out and about. It was beautiful outside, last place I wanted to be was inside so errand running we went. Got home and was relaxing when I realized I was supposed to be someplace for dinner. As I was leaving my avon lady called and said she was coming in about an hour, so the youngest got to stay home and wait for her. I had to go, but made good time, was back in about 2 hours. Got home in time to call hubby and he was walking out the door to go to the temple so had to wait until he got back to talk, then the connection was really bad and we kept disconnecting.

Treated myself to a visit to the yarn shop. Took the youngest. All he kept asking was where we were going because I didn't tell him when we left. He was mystified in the yarn shop, lol. Then when he saw the yarn winder in action, he was hooked, lol! I went for needles and some cashmere, but came out with 2 skeins of a hunter green wool and 2 skeins of a burnt orange cotton. And my needles. All the yarn was on sale, so I didn't spent to much. Have plans for the orange, but not the green. I looked at the small amount of cashmere she had, but didn't like any of the colors, so went with the cotton instead. I'll get more use out of it in cotton anyway.

While we were out we hit a fast food place for lunch. So not a good idea. Upset my digestive system about an hour after I ate. Things were not good when I went to my friends house for dinner, but I ate a little anyway. Well, by about 4 am I was having issues. I never settled down until about 7 am. By that time I was so tired, I turned the alarm off and just slept. Missed church but I figured God knew why I was still in bed and not in church.

Felt much better when I got up so did a lot of little things. Things that have needed to be done, but just never get done because it's not important, really. Unearthed my bike in the sun room. This I have been working on little by little, but today I got it accomplished. There were plants hanging above it, a plant on the seat and a plant on the front where the tire is. They are all relocated. Under and around it were my baskets with various knitting projects in it. Some abandoned, some not. All the baskets are emptied and sitting in front of the fireplace in the living room. The projects, the abandoned ones were all pulled out and wool stashed. The other works in progress were all but in bags and tied and put away to be done later. I even dug out the wool hubby brought back last year and started winding that. Those are sorted by color and are going in the baskets in front of the fire place, for now. When they are all wound, then they will be sorted by project and bagged. Dealt with the pile of magazines that are always sitting around waiting to be read and never are, put the overflow of books in a new home, instead of in front of a bookcase, put the scarves back on the pieces of furniture they belong on, dug out my tablecloth for the kitchen table, place mats are on the table again, changed the kitchen curtains, did 4 loads of laundry and put all of my clean laundry away. And I wonder why I'm tired!!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Hi Madison, Happy Woman' s Day, very suitable graphic for the occasion

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.