Sunday, March 14, 2010

Your troubles may be a sign of effective Christian living


First thing I want to put out there; I'm not perfect and don't think I am. I choose the above title because I just thought it fit considering all the things that have happened this week. I actually read it in church this morning and it make me think. With everything that's been happening, especially with the hold up with hubby and his ticket. When there always seems to be something getting in the way holding things up, I always expect something bad to happen. If it does then I understand why the delay. But if nothing bad happens I try to understand why the delay. It's like I just have to know.
With the hold up with hubby's ticket, I thought for sure he would be back sometime this week. I don't know anything for sure yet. Going back to Friday, hubby went to the ticket place three times. The last time he went, the computers were down. He was told to call the next morning. He called and still the computers were down. The whole computer system is not working. So I was talking to a friend of mine about this and she told me I could reserve him a date, I just need his info. Ok. I have no idea how long it will take to get the computers in this place fixed. So last night when I talked to him I asked him for his info. He doesn't have it. He left all the info and paid to change his ticket, with the guy at the ticket place. So right now I can't do anything. But, I also started thinking. If he gave the guy his ticket, and paid to change it, how did he walk out without a new return date?? That thought never popped into my head when I was talking to hubby last night, but it will be my first question tonight. Anyway, I was really stressed, but now I'm ok. I'm at peace with it. I also realize that he just might not be home until towards the end of the month, least I'm thinking that way. Today I'm ok, maybe come tomorrow or the next day maybe not so much, but there's nothing I can do. Maybe he's the one who has to learn a lesson from all this. More than me. I don't know.
He was talking about the driving over there, especially at night. At one point he actually says "you'll see when you come over here with me next year." I almost told him that at the way things are going he might still be over there this time next year! He's not even home yet and he's talking about next year! I'm not so sure his boss is going to be willing to let him go anymore, he just doesn't come back when he's supposed to. Can't say I blame anyone for giving him a hard time.
Went over a friends house last night for dinner and she sent me home with dal, so dinners made for me, lol! Did a little work around the house, but I'm starting to wrap my head around the thought that I have lots of time to do housework now. I'm actually starting to relax and feel like I can breathe. Sometimes things get so busy I feel like I'm rushing from one thing to the next and holding my breath the whole time. Having my days unplanned is starting to feel nice.
I refuse to think about the financial part of my being off. Hubby knows and he just keeps telling me not to worry that everything will be ok. I know his saying that is to keep me calm, but he's right. God is in control and everything will be ok. I know hubby will be home by the time I need him to be, and I'm ok with that to. Unfortunately, I think I need him here all the time and when he does go, I want him back when he's supposed to be. It's the waiting part that gets me.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

You sound really stressed Madison, so sorry to hear about this mess and delay.


This is a part of our daily life, I tell you.Its hard on the mind body and soul.

Keep praying, waiting and holding on is all I can say my dear

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.