Thursday, April 9, 2009

Almost.........the end of the week

Yesterday was a really bad day. Didn't sleep well and woke up with the feeling that hubby won't be home on Tuesday. For the past 6 weeks now, I have known his mother was supposed to be having knee surgery. In my thinking, it would have been done by now. No, not yet. For the past 2 weeks hubby has been telling me that surgery might be the next day. He did tell me over the weekend that if her bp was up enough they would do surgery on Monday. If not then on Tuesday. Well, her it is Thursday and still no surgery. Last night he told me it would be Thursday night. I spoke with him this morning and still no surgery. Was told to come to hospital tomorrow afternoon. We are both getting a little nervous because he is leaving early Tuesday morning. Now, I know my husband and if his mother hasn't had surgery yet, he will wait. As much as I want to be selfish, I know I have to do the right thing. If he comes home and she has surgery and something happens, he will only end up back there anyway so.......... He just might not be home on Tuesday. I still can't shake that feeling, even after talking to him. He did tell me he still thinks he's coming on Tuesday and hasn't changed his plans. But, I've been praying she has this done by Friday and all goes well so hubby can leave when he's supposed to.



I have no where I have to be after work except home doing what needs to be done, lol. All week I have been doing errands after work and I'm so tired. I think Monday is going to be a stay in bed until whenever day, lol. I decided to run into town on Tuesday and do all the shopping for the pot luck at church. And for our small dinner. Wednesday was the special Easter service, with communion, which was really nice and made me forget about my grumpy self, lol. It gave me that feeling of peace I so desperately needed. Today I have to find clothes for myself and the boys, make sure everything fits and is ironed and their shoes. The shoe part is a chore in itself since they never can find even one pair of shoes on a daily basis, let alone church shoes, lol. Friday I will make the potato salad and find dishes for the stuff for the pot luck. Then on Saturday I will be making everything else for Sunday. I'm bringing rolls, tossed salad, black and green olives, dill and bread and butter pickles, carrots and celery, stuffing and peaches and cream cheesecake for dessert. Since I'm bring a tossed salad I'll do myself a favor and cut everything up on Saturday and then all I have to do in the morning is throw it all together. And make the stuffing, but boxed stuffing is easy, lol. I will make the macaroni salad for us on Saturday. That way on Sunday I won't have much to do. I'm sure I'll be pretty tired by the time I get home on Sunday and I'll be glad. I also have to remember that we are having a service on Saturday night, so the more I can spread out over the next few days, the easier it will be for me. Our Easter dinner at home, since the main course will be at the church, will be a small sliced ham, potato and macaroni salad with baked beans. I figure that will be good since at the pot luck we are having both turkey and ham, potatoes, two kinds of casseroles, one is a green bean casserole, lasagna, cranberry sauce, and I don't know what all else, lol. So, between the two places, we are pretty much set. We did it this way since some people won't be having a big dinner because of the pot luck and the guest speaker will actually have a nice holiday meal before him and his wife leave to go to their next place.

I couldn't think of what to get hubby for Easter so I got him a few t-shirts and some button down shirts and a card. The only thing that came to mind was the t-shirts since he has only a few, but he really is more of a button down shirt kind of guy. When he decides to do things around the house he never has anything to wear. He spends 99% of his time in his work clothes. I'm hoping that will change. He keeps telling me when he gets back he is going to work less and spend more time with me, lol. I hope after the summer I can get him to take one day off a week. It's nice to have him here just to do nothing. I don't think the man remembers what it's like to take time for himself and just relax and do nothing.

3 comments:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Hi Madison,
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayer concerning my dear wife in the hospital, enduing yet another surgery today.

I also hope that your own wishes and desires are realized, and your mother in law's knee surgery goes OK.

My God Bless You and your family this Easter time.

Tom Schuckman
tschuckman@aol.com
Wisconsin

Amrita said...

ur MIL has hadher surgery by now. If her bp is too low they won 't attempt it I know. My mom 's bp was high so she had to wait in hospital for 3 days (very expensive) till they got it down before she had her hystorectomy.But she didi fine after that.


Nice pot luch you are having.

Anonymous said...

schuckman doesn't like me but really, he's a good guy. He has a very kind heart and he's OK, just a little off the deep end sometimes. He doesn't get it and gets awfully mad at times. If you read his blog he blasts me and belittles me. All I said was I'm glad his wife is doing better and i'm sure glad she will be out soon. I have a different opinion for him politically and he isn't cool with that but I just want it to be known that I think Tom is a very cool and good guy. He just needs to watch his weight and he eats too much which is probably why his knees hurt so much. He's a little hefty but in a foxhole, he's the type that would have a guy's back. I'm just wanting you to know that I really like Tom and I think he misunderstands me and I'm not sure why he's so ballistic and crazy with his words on his blog. It baffles me.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.