This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
It's cold here again!!
Yesterday was a cloudy, but comfortable day. Hubby and the oldest spent most of the day mowing lawns. First the lawn at the other store, then to the station, then to our house. We did stop off and get the rest of the vegetable plants for the garden and you know I had to throw in a few flowers, lol. By the time everything was said and done, it was well after 2 pm. And it was another one of those hit the floor running days. Hubby napped for about an hour and finally got to work at 4 pm. Since I was outside with them most of the day, my allergies were really kicking from all the mowing, so I took my pill and was so ready to sleep. But, instead, I went food shopping, thinking today would be a nice day for planting outside. Wrong! It's like in the lower 50's today and very windy. To make matters worse, it rained, like poured last night so everything is wet and cold. I was wet and cold. We went outside this morning and while I weeded around the deck, the boys worked on planting some more green beans, got the onions in and cucumbers. Hubby slept since he didn't get home until about 4:30 this morning. He had promised to help, but well, he did his normal drinking and talking thing and well............................ Since it was so cold outside, that was all we did. I did get some flowers in the ground and the ivy I had bought last weekend. I'm thinking tomorrow, since it is supposed to be sunny and a little warmer, we will plant the zucchini, and the seeds for the spinach and lettuces. Then later in the week we will get to the tomatoes and hopefully dig the small herb garden. They need to get in the ground by the end of the week to. Hubby's punishment for not helping is he gets to do the weeding. All summer long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

1 comment:
You all are putting in a lot of work in the garden. Wish you all the best and may all your veggies give you a good yeild.
Post a Comment