Monday, May 18, 2009

What a day

It's been such a long drawn out day. First thing this morning we had made an appt to get the car inspected and have the noise in the front end checked out. Well........................ The inspection didn't happen because they didn't have any more stickers, but we still have time so when they get them in they will call us. As for the noise, well, it was one of those things were if you replace this, then you have to do that, and then there's this other thing you have to do and so on and so on. We did end up with new tires all the way around, but I kind of figured that. When we had the last oil change done, we took it to this same place and had the guy do an oil change and check to see what was making this noise in the front end. He said there was nothing wrong that he could find. Ok. Today we had the owner work on the car, and you know, months later the noise is worse and more expensive. So, from now on only the owner will be working on my car if we need anything more than an oil change. We have used this guy for years now and when he had the old shop he always had the same mechanic work on our car. I liked that. About a year ago he sold the old place and bought a new and much needed bigger place, but has only one mechanic and himself working there. The old, small place had a lot of mechanics working there. This guy who works with him I really don't remember from the old place. But he won't be touching my car again. Maybe if he could have spotted the problem months ago, it would not have been so expensive this time. Hubby is not a happy camper right now. But, we didn't have to put it on a credit card so that helped with his mood some.

Since we had a 3 hour wait for the car, we took a walk. A long walk, 30 minutes there and back. I'm glad we got so much walking done today, I think we both needed it. It's been a while since I've walked any, but I was surprised my legs didn't hurt. I told hubby we should do this every day. He agreed. It wasn't the kind of walk that we were pushing it, but it was nice to just get out and walk at a nice easy pace. I know, I know, it really doesn't count, but at least we did something. We walked to his favorite home improvement store, lol. When we were done in there, he wanted to walk farther and go get something to eat, but I knew it would be so hard walking all that way back on a full stomach, so we decided to wait for that. We saw a lot of things we need for the house this year. I really want to get the deck done this year. We didn't do anything last year, and the year before we had trouble buying the stain. It must have been very popular because we could never get it when we went for it. Since we didn't know how much we needed, we just bought 2 gallons at a time, but we really needed about 4 gallons to do the deck, front and back steps. We will wait for that until later. We priced closet doors for our room and the boys, we will most likely get them this weekend as well as the mulch, if I get all the edgers placed around the house. We bought some, so I have to see how far we will get with them and try to get the rest of what we need this weekend since they go off sale on Saturday.

It's going to be a very busy week again. Work called and wanted me to work late on Thursday. I said fine since I'm off on Friday. Then she calls and wants me to work Tuesday night to and I said no. Today was long, tomorrow is the only day I have to start on the outside, and the boys stay late at school that day as well as Wednesday. Wednesday we have Bible study, which we are going to, so there probably won't be much done that day and then on Thursday, I have two early meetings at the school for the boys, then working late, and then of course, I have to make time for knitting, lol. I have a feeling I'm going to be totally exhausted by then and so glad I took Friday off.

Poor hubby was up early with me this morning and we weren't even home 5 minutes and the fool was calling to see why he wasn't at work yet. Geez, give the man a chance to breathe, will ya! The boys and I replanted the onions in the garden since over the weekend, they didn't bother to separate the onions and just planted all the clumps together. I was busy and thought they understood what I meant. Apparently not. So instead of one and a half rows of onions we now have three, lol. I'm afraid once we get the tomatoes, spinach and lettuce in there will be no room for the zucchini. I'm thinking I will plant that in a smaller space next to the garden since the wild animals don't bother with the zucchini plants. We have the garden fenced in because we were feeding the wild animals, lol. And we still have the herbs to get in. It rained so hard the other night that I told the boys to wait until the soil drys out some, because as wet as it is, it's really heavy to dig up. But, I'm going to try very hard to get everything done this week. Then maybe I'll be able to rest for a little while, lol.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.