Hubby's been home a week and a half and he's managed to get poison ivy (sigh). He was over a relatives house last Saturday pulling weeds and mulching and well.......... So now he's totally miserable. I called for a doc appt on Wednesday and they were booked for the day. I knew they were closed on Thursday, but this week they were also closed on Friday. The office did call on Friday to confirm his Monday appt and while he had someone on the phone he was complaining so badly about the itch that she gave him the number to the other doc. They did change his appt to the am instead of the pm. When I called on Wednesday I just thought he had maybe a spider bite because I just saw this one red spot that was getting larger and really itching him. At that point where the poison ivy really is he had scratched so bad it was all scabbed over and I couldn't see much. Well, now it's popping up in other places do and I got a good look at the scabbed part on his arm and well, yeah, it's poison ivy. Not that big welt though, that's still there to, so maybe he's got some bug bites to. He wanted to go to the er but our insurance will only pay for an er visit if it's a life threatening emergency. So, at this point he's trying to wait it out. I, on the other hand have been stocking up on gauze and bandaids and all that other stuff. I got him caladryl, benadryl and the aveno bath stuff. I think the receptionist at the docs office felt bad because she called later and left a message telling him what he could do for the poison ivy because she got a hold of the doc. Well, we're doing all that. Hubby wants a prescription for something. Unfortunately, no script until the doc actually sees him. He wanted a weekend appt. Well, no weekend appts and evening appts are rare here. I do think the benadryl is working. I don't remember him getting up during the night at all. If he can calm the itch he'll make it through the weekend. We both will, lol.
The oldest lost his job this morning. He's not happy. He went all the way to work this morning only to be told he's not needed anymore. Well, I would be angry that I went all the way to work to be told that. Why not pick up the phone and say something? I was just in the station yesterday, he could have said something then. I kind of thought it was coming. Since hubby's been back, the other guy's hours have been cut back. They had an American woman working there in the mornings just to make the breakfast sandwiches and he let her go to. Makes no sense since he tracked her down to ask her to come back to work, and now, he says he doesn't need her. I think he's catching it from the partner about to many people working there. Ever since I've been with hubby there's never been more than 3 people ever working there. Never 5 people. But, this guy doesn't care and will hire people to work a few hours just so he doesn't have to do any real work, like food prep and ordering. Oh well, whatever, at least hubby and I are still working.
I have some early morning errands to get done and then I think the rest of the weekend I'm spending at home. I'm just so tired of running all the time. I spent all day Monday at home, cleaning, but it felt so good not to have to go anywhere at all that day. Those days are rare.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

No comments:
Post a Comment