Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feeling out of it

Today's one of those cloudy days that just makes you want to drag your feet all day. The only thing I wanted to do today was go to church, which we did. The ceiling fans were on which made it quite comfortable, I thought. It's in the upper 70's but the humidity is in the 60's so it really doesn't feel as nice as it could outside. I've kept the air on so the humidity doesn't get into my house and make us and everything feel stickie.

Tomorrow I have to be at work an hour earlier, but I get to leave 2 hours earlier than normal because of having TBI training at the office. I had seen an ad in the paper for it way back at the end of June and said something about it. They were just taking applications at that time and told me they would let me know when they had enough people to make a class. Don't know how big the class will be, probably not to large because they don't have a lot of room at the office for that kind of thing. I really didn't think anyone would let me know about it because they just kind of blew me off . I told them I was interested, but nobody wrote anything down so............. Well, Friday, before work I get a call about the class being Monday afternoon. Ok, so you remembered. Now, if they think I'm leaving my current case, they're thinking wrong. Not happening, at least not yet.


Church was really good this morning, still in the book of Daniel. Today he talked about one of Daniel's dreams. Lots of info and lots of passages to look up later. It's one of those passages where I have to go back and really reread everything. Hubby went with us this morning. I felt bad for him because I know he was tired. He was the one fidgeting instead of me, lol. He came home and took about an hour and a half nap before he left for work. I'm hoping he will close a little earlier tonight since it's usually slow anyway.


Spent almost all day yesterday out doing the shopping. So, so tired when I got home last night! The oldest birthday is tomorrow. I just can't believe the kid will be 19 tomorrow! What do you get a 19 year old anyway???? Had the youngest do some questioning and the oldest wanted to do an upgrade on my old computer. Why, it's my backup. They I find out he wanted to upgrade it so it would be faster to play games on! gggrrrrrrr The other things he wanted was a stereo that plays cd's and an ipod. I did look at them, but the only one that was compatible with the ipod touch, wasn't in stock. That was at walmart. We looked at Radio Shack, but none of theirs were compatible with the ipod touch, including the one that advertised it was! I know because I had my ipod in my purse and tried it. Didn't fit. There were others there, but way out of my price range, so since the kid hasn't done anything with his last check, I'm going to cash it for him and let him go buy the kind of stereo he wants. I figure this way when he moves out he can take that with him too. He'll have a bed, weight bench and a stereo, lol.


While I was out yesterday I figured I would get everything done, that way I could spend today home. Glad I did because I'm so not in the mood to go anywhere today. The youngest got paid yesterday, so I told him I would take him shopping for shoes and clothes for school. He always wants to go to Peebles for shoes. Mainly the vans. Well, it's ok if they are having a sale and you get the second pair, but rather expensive if not. Since hubby's been in there so much, I've actually taken a good look at the place and I've noticed, if you catch a sale and are careful about what you buy, you can do really well. I told the youngest to shop the clearance racks to get as much for his money as possible. Or, since he's picky about the kind of jeans he will wear, to make sure the sale is 40 to 50% off. I got a pair of denim capris and jeans, both Levis, for $15.00 yesterday. One pair was clearances at $12.00 and the other 15.00, and add in the other discounts, I think I did really well!


Been waiting for my Avon order and now I find out I have to wait even longer because something was damaged when it came in. She won't give me part of the order if she can have the replacement during the week. So I have to wait until probably Wednesday for it. Since I'm working more I can afford more from Avon, so I was really looking forward to this order. Oh well, have to wait just a little longer! I did give her the order for the next book. Ordered some "fun" stuff from that book to, lol.

Well, dryers done and I want to finish my study guide for this next chapter that I started yesterday. I finally got the reading done on Friday and started the guide. This one is 7 pages long. Normally the study guides are only 2 sometimes 3 pages long. But, get that finished today and I can work on listening to the class during the week. I have a feeling this class is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours long. I know I don't have the time to do that in one sitting!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Madison, so good to hear from you. Ice cold watermelon looks good. Have not had any yet this year. So it is pretty warm yet. We had a cool spell but it is heating up again.

Amrita said...

Hi Madison,

Good you enjoyed church inspite of the heat and humidity.70s is cool for us, my dear.

Hapy birthday to your son.

What is TBI? Hope the classes go well.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.