Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ho hum day

Can you find the "real" animal in this picture? More and more I'm finding her in the oddest places! NO the dogs aren't real. They are hubbys dog collection. They are made with real goat and rabbit furs.



Really not much of anything going on this weekend. That's a good thing because I need some rest, lol. Got my hair cut on Saturday. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. Some days I love it and other days I don't. Not impressed with the Don King do in the mornings though. Since it's much shorter than I've had it in quite a while I wasn't sure how hubby was going to feel. He always says when I go not to cut it to short. Well, I did this time! When I came home hubby was sitting out back on the steps and as I rounded the corner this man's face broke out into huge grin. I was wondering what he was grinning at! I asked him how he liked my hair and all he did was grin. Must be a good thing because when he looks at me he's still grinning. The woman who does my hair just loved it. Guess she should, it's her work. I think sometimes when someone comes in and gets something done different with their hair it must break the monotony for her. She was showing me all the different ways I can style it, so maybe as time goes on I'll get more used to it.








Was up bright and early to take the fool to a friends house to catch a ride to the airport. He's going to India for 10 days to bring his kids back. I had the opportunity to ask him all the questions I've been asking hubby and hubby said he didn't have the answers to, lol. He was talking about family and how his life being alone is not a good life. I was surprised at his comment. Personally, I thought he liked being alone. Maybe that's why ever since I've met him he's always been miserable. I don't know. I was asking him if he had room for his kids and his wife since he lives in the apt on top of the station and well....................you can tell only men have lived there. He's looking at renting an apt until his wife comes and then buying a house. He was whining a little bit about all the expenses he has coming. Well, he's had it very easy for a long time now. He was saying how it's cheaper to afford a family in India compared to here. Since his wife can't come here yet, he will have to go back again in a few months for her. He was saying probably before the new year. For now, hubby has transportation back and forth to work. That's a good thing. Of course, with my work schedule, we will only see each other on weekends. What else is new. I keep telling him he needs to complain, loudly, and tell them he wants to work days and let the kid that works there, work nights. The kid has no family, just himself. Why not work nights and let the guys who have a family work days. He says the other partner says the kid can't handle nights. What's to handle. It's not busy every night, just Friday and Saturday nights. The schedule the kid works now he has to handle the breakfast and lunch rush, alone. I would think that would be harder. Me thinks someone just doesn't want to.





Since the fool is gone hubby was supposed to work early to make chicken for lunch. They sell chicken tenders, chicken pieces and cold sandwiches for lunch. For breakfast they make hot sandwiches. Well, hubby decided, with a little help from the wife, to let the oldest teach the youngest how to make the chicken and sandwiches. This way hubby actually gets to work his normal hours, not crazy 15 and 16 hour days. Hubby agreed to let the boys take over instead of him. I know hubby is starting to slow down, I see it. I just wish he would start thinking about doing something else.








Hubby went to church with me this morning. It's cloudy and the temp is cool, but you can start to feel the humidity starting to creep back in. Not to the uncomfortable point yet. It still feels rather cool right now. Anyway, since I'm well aware of how hot the church is I wore a sleeveless top and sandals. I was actually cool in church. Glad hubby was there for some warmth, lol. The doors were open and the ceiling fans were on low! I thought for sure they would have everything shut up tight and maybe even the heat on. They were running the heat as late as early July, so it's not unusual. But then, it's been a rather cool summer. Fine with me! I've been noticing that the leaves are starting to change on a few trees. I'm hoping for an early Fall. I commented to hubby as we were walking into church how it was feeling like a fall day with the cool temps and the cool breeze blowing.








After I got the boys from the station, we all came home and tackled this messy house. It actually took no time at all to get everything done. The boys did the cleaning and dishes and I'm working on the laundry. When am I not? But, I haven't done laundry for 2 days and with the youngest working in the mornings, there goes my wash hanger-outer. At least I can get a load in the washer and dryer before I leave in bad weather. Good weather days it will only be one wash hung outside. Better than nothing!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Hi Madison, I did not see your comment until just a while ago. Life is a learning process and that is a "right on title".. I do know that people are worried over health care and we are simply resigned that a bill will be passed, like it or not. We do not have a choice so will just wait and see, and hope we come out ok.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.