Sunday, October 4, 2009

Beautiful Sunday


After days of rain, it's an absolutely beautiful day here today, much to my surprise. Woke up to clouds and fog this morning so I'm surprised at just how nice it is here. And the temps are comfortable enough that I can open some windows!
Went to church without hubby. He's feeling ok, but just wanted to rest some. I'm fine with that since he did promise to go to church with me next week, and I know how exhausted this makes you feel. Church was really good this morning. Always good with handouts and an overhead, lol. Keeps me alert, lol! We've been working on the book of Daniel and this morning was 9:20-27, the seventy sevens. Great stuff, especially since this passage was explained really well. The elder who preached this morning was a little apprehensive about it, but I really don't know why. He didn't want to present anything that would offend or step on any ones toes. Well, the Bible is full of things that might offend some people, but that's just the way it is. We have to learn from, not to be offended by it and if it does offend, then I think there's a problem in your life. It's meant to be studied, the good and the bad in it. I just wish hubby was there, these are things he should be listening to.
We got home and did some more work in the yard. I had sent the youngest out to get the fall decorations out of the shed and him, the oldest, and hubby decided to clean it out. Works for me, lol! I know hubby threw some stuff out, don't know what, but I will when I go looking for it, lol! I got all the hanging baskets emptied and put away for the winter as well as most of the flower boxes. The two on the back steps he wanted left until the flowers are all dead. Fine. I brought my plant inside that I was going to leave out, but it still looks nice so I'll try to keep it through the winter. It doesn't want any sun, that shouldn't be to bad to keep. We'll see what happens with it. I should take a pic of it now, just in case I kill it over the winter:) It's called a dragons wing, really pretty and full of flowers since I got it. Never seen one before.
Speaking of pics I will have to do a post of pics in the near future of the scarf, plants and something I took a pic of today that looks like a caterpillar, but has stingers, I guess, on it and isn't any color I've seen before. I showed it to hubby who says over in India they have that kind and not to touch it. Not that I would touch something that looks like that, but he says when they sting you it swells up and itches. He didn't know the English word for it though.
Dinners done. I made roasted chicken. Just threw all the veggies and potatoes in the same pot. Quick and easy dinner tonight!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I still have all that to do. We have had a light frost and then a little harder last night. I love the title of your blog.

Amrita said...

If you are preaching you just have to present the truth based on God 's Word. Jesus offended most people didn 't He and the apostles too.

Even Daniel made several enemies because he was fathful to the Lord.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.