Decided today to do my food shopping for the week. Saturday is hubby's holiday so I'll be spending most of the morning cooking and baking. Cancelled my hair appt because I need the time. I have to marinate the chicken overnight so I want to do that when I get home tomorrow. There is also a sweet dish that sounds like it will take some time so I'll be doing that tomorrow night as well. So, went to one food store in town right after work since I was in the area and it is cheaper. Got about half of what I need. Dropped that stuff off at home, grabbed my list (was working off of my memory) took hubby's homemade chicken noodle soup he forgot, after being reminded twice not to forget! Hubby's station is close to our local supermarket so gave hubby his soup and to the market I went. It wasn't very full because it was around dinner time. You know how when you go shopping you usually run into the people who you walked in the store with? Well, there was this guy and girl. This guy was all prepared with his list and was issuing orders to this girl who was with him. "You go and get this and this, I'll go and get that and I'll meet you over here." Every single isle I went down or passed by there he was, giving the orders. Sorry, I just wouldn't be able to shop with someone like that. I'd leave him home every time, lol!! If hubby's willing to go but just not into it, I won't take him. I know better! He's just drags along like extra baggage, lol. Anyway, I get up to the register and there is only one regular lane open and one express. Of course these people were in the regular line. Of course I had to get in behind them. So this guy is telling the girl to take the buggy out while he waits in line to pay. She says no. So he goes ok, then you pay and I'll take the buggy out. He takes the buggy out and tries to get back in the exit. Of course the exit won't open if you're on the wrong side of it. He starts banging on the door until one of the cashiers stands there to open the door. (no, they are not locals) He gets back in line and asks the cashier why the order hasn't been rung up yet. The cashier tells him the customer in front of him forgot something and is looking for it. He gets irate complaining about why should him and this long line of people wait. I turn around when he says that and there is no one behind me!! He basically gives the cashier a hard time asking her why it's so hard for her to cancel the order out and ring him up. Geez! Finally, the other cashier, who was working the express line, comes over and opens the register next over just to ring him up. He takes his stuff off and starts putting it at the next line and then stands behind the register waiting for the girl. He's blocking the register and she can't get in. He turns around and asks her why she's not ringing him up as he's putting the stuff down. She politely told him he's in the way, lol. Believe it or not I was rung through before him. And I didn't have to cause any drama either. The woman who was with him just stood there the whole time, never said a word and never helped him either. As I was leaving they were getting into the car next to me, out of state tags. I would have bet they were city people. We live in a "tourist attraction" spot summer, for the camp grounds, and winter, for the skiing, I've kind of adopted the local attitude. Ignore them, lol! But some are so in your face, that's hard to do!I know the calendar still says Fall, but we had our first flurries today! Mixed with rain, but a reminder even so that winter will soon be here. It never got out of the 30's here today. The high was supposed to be in the mid 40's. Maybe tomorrow. I put the heat on around the middle of last week. Called for fuel today and no delivery until Monday. They are doing a new thing this year by grouping people by area. No truck in my area until Monday. Glad I know that now. Sometimes I put off calling and we're desperate by the time I do call. We can wait the weekend though.
One more day of work and then two days off. Can't wait. I'm learning to love the weekends, lol.

2 comments:
I love the weekends too. This weekend the weather here is supposed to be cooler.. that will be a nice change.
What a fussy guy that was.Poor girl and the cashiers.
Your chicken and sweet sound good.
Tonight I am making ziploc momlette and tomorrow matar paneer and dahi vada. It is Sonia 's wedding anniversary, but she is in Lucknow
Post a Comment