Super, super nice outside today. I re potted some plants that needed it, and started taking the weeds out of the herb garden. My oregano and thyme is coming back nicely. The sage plant is still there but brown. I didn't see any green on it anywhere, but decided to just leave it alone and see what it does by itself. I thought about cutting it back, but maybe that's not such a good idea. Maybe the brown will turn green in a few weeks. I'll keep an eye on it to see what's happening with it.
I went out specifically today for two things. African violet food and an amaryllis plant. I found the violet food at the local garden shop but no amaryllis plants anywhere. The lady I take care of bought one last week, but I never asked her where she got it. Usually they are all over the place, but maybe it's to early yet. Anyway, she has quite a few. We were working on the old bulbs the other day. Some might grow and some might now. Her house is filled with houseplants. Her yard is filled with flower gardens. Love it!While I was out I slipped and went into Lowes. They built a new one in town but I never ventured in there. Until today. What drew me was the garden center which was open. They had pansies outside, but I didn't buy any. This week its supposed to get back into the 40's and I think that's to cold for pansies. I'll wait a little longer and then buy some to plant. They also had quite a collection on spring bulbs in containers. In small pots they had daffodils, yellow, yellow and white and pink. I've never seen a pink daffodil but I bought two pots. And I made sure I got the pots that had at least 3 sprouts. They are sitting on my kitchen window sill for now. I'm not sure about the weather and I want them to kind of get used to a new environment. Thinking I will go back maybe next weekend and get a few more pots of pink daffodils.
I also went Friday and got my gladiolus bulbs. Usually I pull the old bulbs out and save them until the next year, but I got to them to late last year. I absolutely love these and have to have them every year. We also got two calla lily bulbs to plant. They are planted and one of the houseplants has been re potted. Now I'm tired. My hands are tired from all that digging and pulling of weeds in the herb garden. Hubby should be here to help with this. This is the part that is so tiring. I dug out my flower books so hopefully anything new I buy I will be able to care for. I bought two new houseplants also. I don't remember the names of them, but they are just green. I try to get things that should be easy to care for. The youngest went with me and wanted something bigger, but I figured why spend the money if I will only kill it in about a month?
There were some orchids in Lowes. Gorgeous, but I resisted. You have to know what your doing and really care for them or they die and I'm not that good with houseplants. But, I do have to say all of my houseplants have been watered on a regular basis and all the dead leaves have been taken off. Actually, I have those water globes in the larger plants and I've been doing well keeping them filled. This week I'll be feeding them as they get dry. Now that I'm home more I have the time to do these things.
Since I have more time at home the house is looking better. Looking the way I like it. I've been taking a day and working on one room at a time. My house was a lot dirtier than I thought! The boys only clean down the middle. But, all the rooms, except the sun room now have fresh, new curtains up. My bedroom is completely done. I didn't rearrange it because that furniture is just to big and to heavy. It did get a really good cleaning and I started putting hubby's sweaters away. He can wear sweatshirts if he gets to cold now. Cleaned out a drawer that had scarfs, hats and gloves in it and put t-shirts in it instead. I'll be slowly changing things over, but it looks so nice because I know how to keep my things put away. When hubby comes back it will be back to all his stuff just dumped everywhere and that clean, neat and put away feeling will be gone.Speaking of hubby, he should be back sometime this week. I don't have a definite date yet. Sometime between Wednesday and Friday. He keeps telling everyone Wednesday. He hasn't made it to the ticket place yet to get his ticket because he hasn't been feeling well the past few days. He went to the doc and he gave him some medicine, so in a few days he should be ok. The doc told him between the high temps, that he's not used to, and eating food out is probably what's causing his problems, but he's leaving soon anyway. I hope he's feeling good when he makes the trip because that's a long trip that will be even longer if he isn't. So he says Monday he will be going to get his ticket. I told him to do that first and not to eat or drink anything outside. We'll see if he listens.

No comments:
Post a Comment