Friday, July 2, 2010

Reality has set in

My morning glories. I swear I just planted them like last week and already they are blooming. All that hot weather we've having is making everything want to bloom awful fast.





I don't know what this flower is called, but I really like them. They are blooming in the back of the shed.
My other morning glory. So glad I got this dark color instead of the light blue ones. Not that I don't like the blue ones, but the darker ones aren't as common.
Well the reality has set in that I'm probably not going to get to see my mom this month. I just got an appt with the ENT for the 16th, that's still 2 weeks away and I'm not comfortable going to see my parents with my throat problem. Vacation starts next Friday and I'll be home dealing with this instead. I'm really upset but I guess this is more important right now. I've been calling mom a few times a week anyway.
I haven't told her I'm probably not going to make it down there. I'm not sure if I should tell her the truth. Don't think she needs the stress of this, but I don't know what excuse to give her either.
She seems to be recovering from surgery well. She told me the other day she went outside and took a walk around the house. It's the first time she's been outside since her surgery. My aunt leaves tomorrow so maybe early next week I'll talk to my aunt and get my aunts opinion of what to tell mom as to why I can't come.
Today just seemed to go so fast for some reason. Even the night is flying by. Work went really fast. By the time I got home all I wanted was a nap because I was tired. I was getting hungry so I also had to eat, but didn't really have food that I could eat in the house either. I ended up having a little applesauce, which went down really well. If applesauce goes down well, then other more solid foods will go down well. So, I had oatmeal and one scrambled egg in it. Odd combination, but I really need the protein. For some reason I've been wanting carrots. Don't know why, not really crazy about cooked carrots. Instead dinner was mashed potatoes and the leftover canned chicken. Had to thin the potatoes out a lot, but took it slow. For some reason by the end of the day, my throat is worse. Mornings are the best.
My youngest left yesterday for his camping trip. He's never been camping, outside of the backyard, so this will be a real experience for him, lol. He texted me today as they were leaving. Twenty minutes later he called me and told me they were there. I have no idea where this place is. I've never heard of the town but apparently it's not to far. His friend lives 15 minutes from me.
After I ate I tried to take a nap. Notice I said tried. Just as I was nodding off hubby called me. On my cell thinking I wasn't home. The oldest was whining about wanting to come home and not staying at work. Hubby said it was ok since the other guy wasn't leaving. I told hubby I needed a nap and would get the kid later. Start to nod off again and that's when the youngest called. Finally gave up on sleep and went and did the things I needed to do today.
Today was the last of the nice cooler days. Tomorrow the heat and humidity starts back in. UGH!! Went and bought some feverfew today to plant around the house. I saw someones plants and didn't realize how big and bushie they get. With small flowers. Me and the oldest planted them and a few other plants that were cheap and looked interesting, lol. So now I'm done. At least I think I'm done, lol. I've basically planted another flower bed on the side of the house between where the pine trees end and the garden starts. I think it fills in the area nicely. We put up some lattice because some of the plants are climbers. And the feverfew is on the ends. I'll take pics once the plants start to grow some and bloom. All these plants I got today are grown by a local farm right in my own town. I didn't know that until I looked at one of the sticks that came in the plants. Actually I was looking up the name of this one plant that I bought. All I know is it's a climber with heart shaped leaves. Supposed to bloom purple flowers. I'm waiting for the nursery to put the hen and chicks on sale and then I'll be back to get some of them and start another smaller flower bed with hen and chicks in it. I really like those plants to. Actually I like all plants that will bloom for me, lol. I wish I had the space in my yard, I would take a large section of it and just plant all kinds of flowers so some part of it would always be in bloom all spring and summer long.
I can't believe how late it's gotten. As usual time has gotten away from me!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Hi Madison,

Glad to hear your Mom is recovering well. My Dad had bypass heart surgery , it took him about 3 mionths to recover properly. She should take it easy and have help around the house.

I like your flowers. I have seen the blue ones, but know what they are called.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.