Thursday, July 22, 2010

Speed bumps of lie

What a difference a day makes. This time yesterday I was gradually starting to feel better. I decided the night before to take the meds the doc gave me since I knew I didn't have to go anywhere the next day. Big mistake, made me so, so sick most of the night. I figured since I took it on an empty stomach that was why I had the reaction I did. I was right for the most part, but when I took it in the morning, with food,I got such a horrible headache, I was nonfunctional for most of the day. So that's the end of that! I don't care if I can't even eat solid food again, I'm not putting myself through that again. I called the doc this morning and explained my reactions and I asked for an over the counter liquid that I can take. Suppose I'll get the return call sometime tomorrow about what to take.

I've also been paying a lot of attention to what I'm eating and what needs to go out of my diet. After yesterday I feel so much better. I did sleep in but I figured I really needed it. I start back to work next week so I have to start getting it together. I've been reading this book about alkaline and acidic foods and I have to say the more I think about it, the more sense it makes so for myself, I'm going to give it a try. This book doesn't forbid any foods, just explains what foods contain and what is the best to eat and why. I was talking to my friend about it today when her and her husband were here because she has a lot of intestinal problems to. I mentioned to her that this book advises using ghee (clarified butter) instead of margarine or other stuff. I told hubby next time someone goes to an Indian store to get me some, but she makes her own ghee and is coming back later to show me how to do it. Cool, I don't have to wait forever in an year for hubby, lol.

Hubby helped me cook up some food for lunches for the next few days and tonight I'll make the cold cucumber soup I've been wanting to try. Hubby was energetic and cleaned out the fridge and pulled out the over ripe bananas he brought home. I don't know when because I never knew they were in there until today, so either tomorrow or the next day I'll make banana bread and freeze it. I'm trying to use up all the white flour I have in the house so I can replace it with wheat. Wheat is an acidic food, but I can have it as long as I balance it out with alkaline foods. But the boys and hubby love banana bread and it will be healthier for them to. I know I have a banana blueberry recipe, but I'll have to look for other banana combos use as well.

Well, I need to take the clothes off the line and want to spend some time outside. It's warm, but breezy and not to humid. Hope the humidity stays away!!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Sorry to hear you 've not been well Madison. One thing comes after another.

Whole wheat flour is much better than rrefined flour. We use it everyday.

I love banana bread. When the bananaa get muchy I make bread with them.


Get well soon.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.