Friday, May 22, 2009

Four day weekend

It's the start of my 4 day weekend and I hope to use the time wisely, lol. Today is going to be another warm day, but not as warm as yesterday. I worked longer than normal yesterday in all that heat, but with the humidity low and a breeze going, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Knitting was cancelled because the woman whose house we were going to wasn't going to be home. I really was debating on going anyway since the heat makes me just want to sleep anyway. And I was so tired, my eyes were burning. Since knitting was cancelled, I went shopping in the evening instead. I was just in this mood to not be home so I figured if I went last night, then I could stay home most of today. It's going to be warm again, but not as warm as yesterday.



Today I plan on getting some weeding done around the shed. That is the last of the weeding. Then we are supposed to be getting mulch tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to only be in the mid 70's, which will feel so nice. I'll be glad to see the upper 80's gone for a while. I want to get the rest of my pots around the house planted with seeds. The vegetable garden is done. Today the boys have to work on digging for the herb garden.

Lots of plans and we all kind of got really lazy today and did a whole lot of nothing, lol. I got my containers planted with seeds. Until I ran out of potting soil, lol. So tomorrow when we are in town I'll try and get hubby to get some more, maybe we can look at fencing for around the flower bed at the deck. Then on Friday I'll get the petunia's I want for the hanging planters and I'll be done. Then it will be time to concentrate on the inside of the house, which gets neglected when I work so much on the outside.

A friend of ours is giving the youngest a bunch of flat stones to use to make something in our yard. He wants to make a flower bed and put a water feature in it. I really just want a nice sunny flower bed. We bought some seeds for him to plant in there, but he has to dig the area before he lays the stone. The stone he picked out is called Black Glass. He said it has sparkles in it. This guy went and bought a bunch of stone at a discounted price and offered to give the youngest some. He usually takes the boys to youth group and brings them back home again. Really nice of him, I just wish hubby wasn't working all the time and could do this kind of stuff with them. This guy has 5 or 6 kids of his own, but they are a little older than mine, so maybe he just is missing the younger years with his sons. But, the boys enjoy doing things with him.

Speaking of boys they are home already. How did it get so late! I have to have the boys up and out the door at 7:45 am tomorrow so I guess we all need to get to sleep soon!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

enjoy your long weekend.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.