Well, hubby's back and it seems like I've been going non stop since. He's finally all unpacked, delivered stuff to a few people, and back to work. His work schedule seems to be an ever changing one. He's working a few hours this morning and then coming home around 10 am and then has to be back to work 4 pm to 4 am. So, why have the man work 5 am to 10 am?????? Makes no sense to me, but what do I know. Seems he will be working nights once again. Forever.
Instead of working on the last chapter for my class, I chose to get the house organized and straightened up on Monday. Talk about tired. I did some major cleaning that day. Then went outside and worked on the garden some more. I've also been weeding and mulching the flower beds around the house, weather permitting. I still have around the deck, the shed, and half of the back of the house to weed. We are going to buy mulch in bulk this year, it's cheaper than buying bags. Hopefully I'll have all the weeding done by the end of the week. The plan is to get mulch Saturday. This whole week is supposed to be cloudy and rainy, so we'll see what happens.
I was supposed to change patients this week, but after giving it some thought, I decided I really don't want to work nights. For so long I've always put work first and made myself as flexible as possible. By doing that I've lost a lot of friends and very few family members call anymore because I was always working. Three to four nights a week I go somewhere, so do the boys. I decided that I wasn't willing to give all that up and put myself back in the same place I was before, so I called work and told them I changed my mind. She wasn't happy about it but, I'm not the first person to do that and I won't be the last. I know it was the right thing to do because I felt so much better after I did it. Now, I'm wondering just what I'm going to be given, if anything steady. They are known for doing things like that. Not firing you but only letting you work a few hours a month. Whatever, I could use the break.
I think hubby is finally starting to adjust to our time. What really bothers me is if he was going to go back to working nights, why not just start him off as soon as he was back? His body was used to that time anyway. Why give him a week to adjust and then make him work nights. His body just has to readjust again anyway. But with him working nights, I'll have the whole bed to myself again. I have to say, I haven't gotten much sleep since he's been back. Constantly in and out of the bed, all night! Every time he gets up, the covers get thrown all on top of me, then when he gets back in, he pulls them all off me. And then, there's the questions, where's this, where's that. gggggrrrrr Between working outside and working inside, my body has been achy for days. Add lack of sleep to that and you've got one miserable person, lol. I did manage to get some sleep last night, after I got warm. I was so cold most of the night last night, and hubby's got the ceiling fan on! I had taken off the heavy down filled comforter we had because I was throwing the covers off because I was so hot. I put something lighter on the bed, thinking with all the heat he gives off I'd be ok. Wrong, wrong, so wrong! So tonight it's just me and the cat, lol.
Well, time for work. Hopefully today will be a better one.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment