Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rainy afternoon



I'm getting old. Much to my surprise, it's true. Hubby and I were outside again today working on the flower beds. I tackled the front bed, which is almost done. I have to get one of the boys out there to get the grass that's growing along the edge of the pavers pulled out. I also had hubby dig the goldenrod out by the roots. What nerve planting itself in my flower beds knowing I'm allergic to it, lol. For the past year I've been taking local honey in my tea which is supposed to reduce or get rid of allergies completely. After about 2 weeks last year I noticed a huge difference. I haven't' stopped using it and I'm hoping this summer I'll be symptom free. I was sneezing a little while pulling the weeds, but if that's the only problem I'm going to have, I'm not going to complain.
My complaint is the aches and pains, especially in my back. Even hubby was complaining and he has to work all night. Took a hot shower which helped some, but the stiffness is creeping in when I sit. But, we are done. Well, I am. Hubby, well hubby has decided to put more dirt, over the mulch and redo the pavers all around the house. It looks nice now that you can see the pavers, but really? There's so much more that needs his attention. And why put dirt over mulch? Don't you mulch to keep the weeds away by letting it build up over time?? Don't know what that mans thinking unless he's just having an urge to dig in dirt. There's always the garden he can dig in, lol.
My poor cat, she just looks so impressed with what I did to her, lol. Actually, she's modeling a baby hat I just knitted.
Had to go into town today to return the memory card that won't work in my camera. Took all the pics off the card and put them on the computer. Now I have a totally empty memory card for my trip this weekend. While I was in town I made one last try to find pj's. Tried Fashion Bug and got a pair of sleep pants for $5.00 and a tank top to sleep in for $5.00 to. I did buy one cotton top, which was clearanced and two pairs of earrings. Couldn't resist. I was really impressed with all the cotton clothing I saw. Even dresses. I don't like to wear knit anything in the summer heat and humidity, to hot. I saw a dress I really liked, marked down. Thought it might be nice for the youngest graduation, but have to wait until I get back from my trip. The youngest has an awards ceremony the first week of June and then graduation the end of June. Need nice COOL and COMFORTABLE dress for these things. I have dresses, but they are not cotton and not cool in any way. I figure if I invest in another dress, it's something else I have for church to. I have one cotton dress I made, to fit me well, that I wear a lot in the summer, but it's not really what I consider "nice." Not for pics anyway.
Tomorrow is packing day. Hubby says he's going to help me. We'll see how much help he's really going to be, lol.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Kitty looks very cute

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.