Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hot, hot, hot in Upstate NY


Hubby's birthday was yesterday. I made him an angel food cake, from scratch. I don't normally make that cake from scratch because there's just to much beating of the eggs involved. He really enjoyed the cake though. Instead of putting one or two candles on the cake, I found candles that said happy birthday, so I used them thinking they were different. First thing the man said was, "to many candles on the cake." LOL. That really wasn't my intention. Guess next time I need to just use one. Or two that say his age, lol. Anyway, he came home for dinner because I made chicken tikka masala yesterday. In all this heat. I had enough sense to make the cake the day before when it was in the 60's.
This weekend has been in the mid-80's and all I want to do is sleep. Nothing has gotten accomplished. I did some planting Friday night after the sun went down. Now I have to remember to water what I planted. Still have some bulbs left and some petunias which I wanted to take care of this weekend, but I had no idea it was going to be so, so stinkin hot. It feels worse today because there is more humidity today. They are calling for thunderstorms and temps in the 70's for the coming week. Anything to get rid of this heat. Just not ready for it yet.,

Did a little food shopping today, not much in the mood but we were in town, so might as well.
Every morning when the alarm goes off I have to think what day it is. I always want to turn the alarm off and go back to sleep. Guess I need to start having a nap in the afternoons again.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Goga looks mighty pleased with the cake.

And my dear - you are calling temp in the 60 - 80s heat. I am sure Goga also finds that funny LOL

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.