I've spent my weekend doing a whole lot of nothing, lol. I have the holiday off to but I just feel like I need to get my head here. This whole week has been off for me.June's coming fast and with it comes awards ceremonies and graduation and parties. Next week is the awards ceremony for the youngest, then end of the month is graduation and the day after the party.
I've been looking for a nice light weight dress for the awards ceremony and his graduation. Everything in the stores is some kind of heavy knit. I don't like much of anything knit for the summer. And this summer I think is going to be a really hot one. We've already hit over 90 for two days and it's not even June yet! I don't think this is going to be a normal summer for us. Hotter than normal, yeah. Anyway, I found one dress, but I need two. Only because all the nice dresses I have I've worn previous years. Can't have the same dress on in different years, lol.
My solution is to make myself something. I have lots of fabric stashed away, so I've been going through that and pulling fabric out. Even got the machine out. I figure I've got all this time I may as well be productive. And I think hubby will be glad to have me out of his hair for awhile to, lol. So, making a dress or top and skirt is the plan for this week.
When I was at the conference I picked up the book that was written by the speaker for the weekend. She actually has written three books, but I hesitated to buy all three thinking that if she didn't write as well as she spoke, I would have three books I'd never read. Well, I should have gotten all her books. I'm more than half way through her book and I'm really enjoying it. Problem is, I can only handle so much and then I have to stop. Her husband was one of the people who lost their life in 9/11. They had been married 5 years. At the time she didn't really know God, but through this tragic event in her life she has come to know him and now has her own Christian speaking ministry. And she's a Jersey girl, lol. She lives about an hour from where I used to.
We were talking in Church this morning and everyone who went to this past conference is going next year again. We have to hold our reservations about a year in advance. Told hubby I was going again and he's fine with it. Also informed hubby of the summer plans and he seems to be ok with that to. A lot of trips to PA this summer. I've been thinking about taking 2 weeks and going in July to visit my parents. In September I have a cousin coming in from out West who I haven't seen since I was a kid. She's coming to see her mom and mine. Our mom's are twins and neither one of them is really well right now. And if I go back again in Sept, then that will be the last trip until after the snow. Unless something happens.
Some of the women in church want to go to another conference in October, but I'm not going to that one. I don't want any commitments until I know for sure that mom's gotten through this problem with her heart first. And, that's a lot of trips to. Hubby probably won't be going with me in July to moms but I'm hoping he goes in Sept. The Sept trip will not be as long because we all will be in school then. We can't be missing to much time from that.
Guess that's about all that's been happening for now. Going to relax and work on my baby blanket some more.
1 comment:
Hi Brenda have a gppd relaxing week. My sister Sonia is doing our cooking, so I have a lot off my hands too.
Post a Comment