Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Feeling lazy


Today has been a lazy day for me. No motivation. I'm thinking it must be the weather. It seems like we went from temps in the 50's to the 80's with high humidity over night. No energy and not adjusting yet.
Hubby got up this morning and went outside and said it wasn't to hot outside. Yeah, right! I broke a sweat just sitting in the car to take him to work! The humidity is lower than yesterday so that helps, but it's just to early to be this warm. But then I think everywhere is unseasonably warm.
The plan for today was to work on my dress for the youngest graduation. What I got done was two skirts made. One completely finished, the other still needs elastic. I can't sew when the boys are around. They all seem to crowd around to where I'm at and before I know it I have no room to do anything. So once they come home, all sewing stops. Just as well today because I've been searching for elastic I know I have everywhere.
Originally, the boys took my sewing stuff I had sitting out and put it all in places they only know about. The space I used to sew in I now have my books and stuff for school. But, now that it's warm again I like to sew and finding my sewing stuff has been quite an adventure. I"ve gone through every bag and box that has sewing stuff in it and the only thing (almost) that I still can't find is the elastic. I had lots of elastic and velcro all together. When I heard wally world wasn't going to sell sewing notions anymore, I stocked up when it was marked down. Now, well who knows where all that stuff is. I got two skirts made today, one with elastic one without. I had pulled elastic out of a top recently and kept the elastic. Glad I did. Now tomorrow when hubby and I are out I have to stop at the dollar store and get some elastic. And some other stuff I can't seem to find.
One good thing that has come of my search is I now have a lot more of my yarn organized. I kept the large clear plastic zippered bags that comforters come in and put yarn in that. They work really well! For the most part the closet is organized, but still no elastic. The youngest pulled some stuff out from under his bed that he had. Everything but elastic. There was stuff under there, projects I've started, that I've forgotten about. Maybe I should take this time I have on my hands and try to finish those things.
We had the ac guy out one day last week to check the central air unit. The condenser needs to be replaced in it. The guy sometime this week will be getting back to us with a price for a condenser and to replace the whole unit. I'm still on the fence about what to do. I know our unit is old, but it's probably made better than anything that is made today. That is what makes me hesitate about getting a new unit. But, a new unit would be more energy efficient than what we have now and maybe we wouldn't need it repaired every season like we have been with this one. I don't' know. What I do know is we have the window units in and they are ok, but on really hot days or when the boys are in and out the door a lot, it just isn't that great. But something is better than nothing for now. I keep asking hubby his opinion and he just wants to know how much it's going to cost. He's not looking at the big picture.
I can't believe it's June already. I can't believe the boys are pretty much done with school next week. The youngest graduates this year so next week we have an awards ceremony for him, and his senior breakfast. The following week he has two days of school for exams and the week after that is practice for graduation and then graduation and his party. That will be the end of the month. He's going camping the fourth of July weekend which is right after that. I've been thinking about going in July to see my parents, but hubby and I still need to talk all this out because I have a cousin coming in from Oregon in September that I really want to see to. The thought of a 7 hour drive doesn't thrill me but neither does sitting on a train for 9 hours. To much coming way to fast!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Hi Brenda, have a good weekend

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.