The good news. Mom came home from the hospital yesterday. When dad went to visit her she was all dressed and ready to go. Talked to her on the phone for a few minutes and she sounds good, but I just have the feeling that she's not as good as she wants everyone to think she is. She did turn down the nurse visits and she doesn't want anyone coming in the house helping her dress, bathe and stuff. I personally, think she should have the nurse come in at least weekly to check her incisions, check her vitals, and make sure everything is ok until she goes back to the surgeon in 2 weeks. But, my aunt is coming on Saturday to stay until I get there in July so hopefully if any problems arise my aunt will talk some sense into my mom.I've been battling allergies for weeks now. Yesterday, I wasn't bothered by allergies so I didn't take my allergy medicine, at all. What's been happening is my allergies are making my throat swell on the inside. Mornings are usually the best times for me to each solid food, because the swelling is down or completely gone. As the day goes on it varies. Standing under the shower with the water hitting my throat works the best. Compresses are ok, but I just hate the fact that I have to do that so I can actually eat. It's irritating to me. So this morning I wanted to have eggs for breakfast since I don't have to work today and wanted something other than the normal oatmeal. After a few bites of the eggs it just felt like the eggs were laying in my throat. I haven't had much of a problem with food for about a week now. I've been taking my allergy meds daily to, especially at night. No meds last night, problems swallowing today. Problem is, I'm so hungry today. Yogurt, water, juice and broth from soup just isn't cutting it today. I want something solid. I took a piece of bread and put butter on it with my soup thinking if I dipped the bread in the soup it would make it go down easier. Not really. Not yet anyway. I forgot to get my water bottle out of the fridge first thing this morning, so it's been pretty much tea for now. I also can't drink or eat anything really cold. When this first started, I thought of ice cream and frozen water ice. Wrong, wrong, so wrong.
Doc seems to think it's irritation from my allergies, especially since the day after I can't eat, my throat is just sore and hurts. Of course, she gave me something that is non-drowsy for my allergies. I can't take that non-drowsy stuff because I don't want to sleep until the next day. That basically narrows down what I can take. We both have ruled out my allergies be strictly pollen related. I've been using local honey for over a year for that, can smell fragrant flowers and even be outside when the grass is being mowed and no problems. I'm thinking my only option is to take the non-drowsy stuff during the day and then take benadryl at night to sleep. Not that I want to. I have another doc appt for the allergies next week so we'll see what's suggested.
Personally, I'm thinking a trip to the health food store is in order for me. I'll do some research into this and see what I can come up with.
Today is another one of those weird weather days. The temp is about 68, but the humidity is in the 80%'s. Cool, but you sweat if you move around to much. And it's drizzling. Hubby decided today that the garden just had to be planted. Everything. So, all of us were out in the drizzle planting in the garden. Talk about wet and muddy! But, the garden is totally planted. Little do the boys know that weeding the garden is going to be their weekly chore or no computers. I'm irritated that it came to this. The garden should have been done by the beginning of the month. Our growing season really is only 3 months long, and we've wasted 2 weeks of it with the boys messing around and not doing what they are supposed to.
Now that the allergy meds are kicking in, think I'll go have a nap, lol.
1 comment:
Thank God the worst is over and your mom came out of it safely.
I know it must be so hard foryou to deal with half/vague info and all the resistence.I have to deal with such issues too with the elderly.
But your mom needs asistance and care after such a major surgery. Her diet has to be monitored. Do have have someone to help with housework?
Glad you will visit in July.
Post a Comment