Sunday, June 20, 2010

soupie day


The awards ceremony for the vocational school here was about two weeks ago. The one in the middle (the youngest), with his eyes closed is the one who got the award and is also graduating this week. My oldest is on the right and hubby on the left. It was so cold, damp and rainy that day!


Had to take pics of my calla lilies. These are another of my favorites. I've never grown them before, but the youngest and I bought bulbs for them and they're blooming like crazy. Not so sure I want to plant them outside. These I might leave in the pot and bring inside for the winter. So pretty!

Went to church this morning in all the humidity. If you've been reading me long, you know I don't do the heat. Or humidity. The temp this morning was 81 with humidity at 79%. Church has no a/c either, but they do have two ceiling fans. The one closest to the pulpit is usually on low and the one towards the back, which I sit under, is usually on high. I just need air circulation. Church ran long and by the time I got out of there, I could feel the humidity and was getting uncomfortable. Of course, the morning I want to run right out, I had to stay. We are having a guest pastor next week and when we have a guest we always do a covered dish. Since our church hasn't had a pastor in probably close to 3 years, I know they are considering him as possible an assistant pastor. He recently retired from Pa and has moved to NY to be near his family. Not sure if he's going to want to take on another full time pastoring job, but maybe part time. We'll see what next week brings.

Since he's staying in the parsonage, it has to be cleaned and aired out. There's been no one in there for quite a while. There are some women getting together to clean in the morning on Wednesday. I offered to wash the curtains. I'm thinking I'll take them home and dry them on the line since it's supposed to be warm all week. I just hope the humidity drops, especially for tomorrow. I work in a house that has no open windows, yes on days like this, and certainly no a/c. Not even a fan running. I just might get up early and go early so I can be home before it gets to hot. It's supposed to be 60 over night and I know she will have the heat on in her house. She hasn't turned if off yet.

Hubby went to church with me which was nice. For some reason I kept dropping my Bible on the floor. So embarrassing. You know who did what when you see two peoples heads lean down to pick up the stuff. The second time I dropped it, hubby took it from me, lol. Guess he was tired of bending down. I don't know what my problem was. Hubby has is own Bible written in Punjabi so he can follow along. When we first come in I have to look in the bulletin to see what the passage is and can look it up for him. I'm not so sure he really understands how the Bible's set up just yet.

I'm glad he went because the sermon was on tithing. I've tried explaining this concept to him, but he can't get past the giving of that amount of money. The elder make a reference that if you're gripping your money so hard in your fist, how can you open your hand to receive God's blessings. Hope hubby understood that concept. We've had conversations about this in the past and when I tell hubby how much I take out of my pay and give, the first time he looked like I slapped him. I make a lot less than he does and the bills I'm responsible for are always paid, on time.

Talked to mom today, actually I've been calling almost daily and talking to her. One good thing is she does have a nurse coming in 3 times a week. She was told she had to have that or she couldn't go home. LOL. I know she doesn't like it, but they knew how to get her to cooperate. Her voice does sound stronger. I know she's trying to make it like she's going to recover from this really fast, but I know better. Her age is working against her and it will take her longer, which is fine, as long as she is making progress. My aunt is staying for a week or two, not sure which. My aunt isn't all that well either, but they are company for each other. If my aunt stays for 2 weeks I'll be coming the week after. Mom said my sister wants to come around the time I'm coming and I told her to tell her to come later because I already have off from work and it will be to many people in the house. Truthfully, my sister and I don't get along. We never did. Things have happened between us mom and dad know nothing about, and now's not the time to tell them. My sister also has a drinking problem. My mother doesn't need the stress from that either. If my sister had any common sense she would know that. But, she may not make it there. She was coming to see my mom after she found out about her surgery and still hasn't made it down there. Her husband though, insists my sister stay in touch with her family, especially her parents, because he never had that growing up. I remember him as such a messed up teenager, but underneath all his problems, he has a good heart.

Well, I'm getting tired. Time to relax for a while. Can't believe the weekend is almost over.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

I can sympathize with your weather conditions. We have temps in the 100s, high humidity and no a/c - the swamp cooler is not effective.


Your boys look great. Congratultions for the graduation my niece is graduating too.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.