Saturday, February 7, 2009

Off to a late start

The youngest had plans to go snow mobiling today. The plan was for his friends mother to come to our house and pick him up since she had to take her son to the school for a pool party. Fine with me, I get to crawl back in bed after dropping the oldest at work. While the youngest was at youth group he called me and told me plans had changed and I had to meet his friends mother at our usual spot. Ok, that means I don't get to go back to bed, but ok. Well, I get up about 9:45 this morning and realize the youngest is up, the oldest isn't and we have to meet his friends parents at 10:00. Not happening. I asked him why he didn't wake me and his response was he told me what was going on last night. Gggggrrrrr. So, I tell the oldest I have to go and he has to ride his bike to work. he, he. There is no snow on the sides of the roads and it supposed to do some melting today, and I'm late and he should have been up about an hour ago. Never, never have I seen the oldest move so fast, lol. He was not into the riding the bike to work thing, lol. So I drop the oldest at work and the youngest. His friends mother was telling me that her kid did the same thing to her that mine did to me. He kid work her at 10 am, the time we were supposed to meet. Must be the age, lol.

I rented movies last night, Bella and Awake. I was really disappointed with Awake the way the over all movie played out. I felt like they could have done so much more with it. Bella, was a really good movie. I really enjoyed it. While I'm watching the movies I hear all this thumping at the other end of the house and just assume it's the cat. A few minutes later out comes the cat. She just stands in the middle of the living room and that's when I realize there's something in her mouth. A mouse! Took everything I had not to scream. Glad my feet were on the sofa, lol. I look at her and tell her it better be dead. She puts it down and the darn thing runs behind the tv, all the while I'm trying not to scream or move. She looses it! It's behind the tv and she is looking around towards the kitchen, lol. She looses interest and eventually walks off, leaving me in the living room with that mouse. I'm really beginning to think she thinks that mouse is a toy for her to play with. She certainty is taking her time with it. I told hubby we need to stop feeding her so she would take care of the mouse once and for all, lol.

1 comment:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Please don't be offended... but I have a close friend named Robby B who did 3 tours in Vietnam and was appointed Lieutenant in the Green Berets by Gen. Abrams and also received the Silver Star, and Robby respects my smarts when it comes to home cures and herbs. He once told me that Marines are wimps. Would you like his email address or phone number?? Personally, I am NOT so macho-- I listen to those who know...

I hope everything turns out well for you all.

Blessings,
Tom
I am nothing but an dumb old disabled combat soldier, USA.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.