Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today's agenda

Rest, fluids, and day time tv. Got no sleep last night because it seemed like forever for the cold meds to kick in. The last time I looked at the clock it was 3 am. I was awake and miserable when hubby came home around 1 am. I think the cat knows I'm sick. She's not a cuddly lap cat, but last night, as soon as I would get settled, she would crawl in bed with me and just flop herself against me and sprawl out. Normally, she will lay next to me, not touching. My body hurt so bad, it hurt to lay down. It hurt to sit. Everything hurt. I tried a few times to sit in the chair. Still hurt. Even worse with a 20 lb cat in my lap. Tried the sofas, just couldn't get comfortable. The cat felt the need to join me there to. Gave up and went back to bed and the cat followed. Shortly after hubby came home he crawled in bed, and wrapped himself around me. I don't feel good and I hurt all over. Why do these 2 not get it?? This is not the kind of sick where I want to be bothered. Called off from work because I knew there was just no way, even with the cold pills. I sit down to write this and I notice in my planner I have a mtg with a counselor for the youngest this afternoon. I really, really don't think that's going to happen. I know I told the youngest last week I would be there, but I think I just need to rest. Tomorrow I have to work and do all the things I have planned in the afternoon.

The weatherman said no snow. Well, it's been flurrying all night. Just a light snow, enough to leave a few inches, but not enough to cause problems. For us up here, anyway. I saw on the news London got 4 inches and people were stranded because they had no way to deal with this stuff. Guess it's understandable if you never get it.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.