Monday, December 28, 2009

Rain and snow


Yesterday morning I look out our bedroom window and see rain. And water, lots and lots of water. The temps over night got high enough to melt the snow we had. Since there was quite a bit, it just flooded the one side of our yard and the neighbors. The water was all the way over to the deck, which ends at the end of our bedroom. I looked a little farther to see if there was any flooding from the field, some but not much. What really stood out was the garden. It looked like an oasis, surrounded by all that water, lol!
Last night I checked the weather report which was predicting 1-3" of snow, but figured they were way off since it's rather mild right now. Looked out my bedroom window this morning and what do I see? Snow, huge snow flakes, everything is covered in
snow. Guess the standing water is frozen under all that snow. And if it isn't, it will be. Tomorrow the high might get out of the upper teens and wind chills in the single digits. Have to remind the kids, and myself, that if they go walking out in the yard to be careful of that spot, might be nothing but ice under there. Or worse yet, not frozen to solid and their whole foot will sink through and get wet.
The oldest had to work early this morning. This was news to me. My plans were to pick up the few things I needed before work because I had no idea what the roads would be like later. I was thinking it would snow later in the morning, not earlier. Got myself together in record time. Except I forgot half of my lunch. I don't get to leave to go out and get lunch, so I have to bring anything I might want. Had planned on a salad and some leftover Indian rice, and cut up banana and strawberry's. I wanted to put the hard boiled egg, some shredded cheese, and maybe some canned chicken in the salad. Didn't happen, all I packed was just salad. Glad I remembered the dressing. Totally forgot the fruit. Didn't get to even drink half my tea and no piece of toast, so no vitamins for today. I managed oatmeal and a few sips of tea. All morning I was hungry. All day actually. I feel like the bottomless pit today. Few hours after I eat, I'm hungry again. It's that gnawing, empty feeling. Sure hope tomorrow isn't like this! Tomorrow I get to leave normal time and the oldest doesn't have to work. And no snow!!
Bought a precooked chicken for dinner tonight. Hubby had me run an errand after work. Went to the supermarket specifically for this one item and forgot it anyway. The temps were dropping fast and it was after 5 pm, so I just called it a day and went home. I'll have to send hubby for it. I've gone out twice not for this and haven't remembered to pick it up yet. Guess I'm not supposed to have it, lol.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Oh dear your weather is pretty bad. Take care Brenda

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.