Well, it's Sunday and uncle is finally gone! Hopefully, he will not be coming back. I know that's awful, but I feel like I can finally breath again. This week has been super crazy. To much running for him. Monday hubby had a tooth pulled, so by the time that was done and we got the script filled we got home around 7. Uncle had to tag along. Hubby went to bed because he was in a lot of pain. Every time he got up during the night he had to get me up to. Why?? Take a pain pill and quit being a pain to me, lol.
The boys were so happy to see him go, they were working on the room he stayed in all afternoon. What we decided to do was instead of putting the youngest back in that room, we put the computer, tv games and stuff in that room for them. This way, if the youngest wants to go to bed early he can and doesn't have to be bothered with his brother playing a game or something. Also, this way when the oldest is told to go to bed, he has to. No more shutting the door, turning the lights off and watching a movie with the sound turned down real low.
Saturday morning the youngest and I went with a friend to a food pantry. She was going to pick up her box for Thanksgiving. She has been going to this place for a few months now. Once in a while the youngest will go with her to help her carry the boxes. Well, this day it was open later. So we get there and we see a line. I didn't think to much about it. I just thought it was a moving line. I've never been there so I didn't know what to expect. After a few minutes of standing in the cold, we realized the line wasn't moving. None of us really was dressed for such cold weather. It was 26 degrees out there. She has just a light jacket on, the youngest had a jacket, no gloves and no hat. His coat did have a hood. I just wore a jacket that I mainly use when I'm going to be in and out of stores. Nothing bulky. It doesn't have a hood. I did, thankfully, have gloves in a pocket. The door didn't open until it was time to open. Once it became opening time, they were only letting a few people in at a time. Nothing worse than freezing and having a door shut in your face. Forty-five minutes later we finally made it inside, for about 5 minutes, lol. The thing that really got me was when we got there, there was this kid there crying and crying the entire time. He was about 6 or 7 and kept crying he was cold. He was dressed for the weather though. His mother had gone to the door and asked if she could wait inside with him and was told no. I thought that was horrible of those people. It was a bitterly cold and windy day outside. Some people came dressed to stand outside, obviously not their first time, and other people not dressed for the weather. I really didn't see what the harm would have been in letting her stand inside with the child. Especially since he was crying nonstop. That was a real experience that day. A brutally cold experience, lol. My friend said I should have gotten a box to since I had to stand in that cold weather to. I agree, I should have gotten something for that torture, lol.
Tomorrow, I intend to hide at home all day. I have lots of cleaning and laundry to get caught up on so I'm sure I'll be busy all day and probably not get anything fun done. I have given up on doing hubby's vest because I still have lots of other gifts to knit and don't have the time the vest is going to require. I'll work on it after the holidays when I'll have more time for it.
As far as my computer is concerned, it's not the Internet connection. It's my computer. So, I set up the youngest desktop and am using that for now. Have to decide what I'm going to do. Just might do an upgrade on this computer and let the boys play their games and stuff on mine. My computer is 8 years old, and I've had very few major problems with it since I had it. I'll decide after the holidays. Hubby has been really interested in what I'm going to do with my computer. The youngest has been telling me that the oldest has been talking to hubby about getting me a new computer. This was before the problem. He was talking to me about what I was planning on doing when I was taking him to work this morning. Hmmm.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment