Well, today I find myself home, unexpectedly. Apparently my lady's daughter is off this week and will be home with her today. Ok, short work week for me. Now, I would know these things if I worked more I think, lol. Doesn't bother me, I'd rather be home with the boys anyway. For some reason when the boys are off it's really hard to motivate myself that I still have to go to work. Guess I should go back to teaching.
We got a coating of snow over night. So this morning the youngest is looking out the back door and says there are wild turkeys in the field. I look out and sure enough, there's about 20 of them. I get the brilliant idea to take a pic. Now, with the snow, the steps are quite slick, but I didn't fall. As I'm walking across the grass towards the field with the camera 'm making a crunching sound . They hear me and start walking as fast as their legs can carry them. A few even attempt to fly. At one point I was going to stop, but decided that if they can walk fast, so can I. It was a little slippery when you have slippers on your feet, but I got a few pics, at a distance. I'm standing there watching the turkeys get farther and farther away, and it's been so long since I've taken a pic, I forgot how to work the camera, lol. Geez!
My day yesterday just got worse as the day went on. Five minutes before I was ready to go to work hubby calls and wants me to take the bags of potatoes we have to the station because they are out and need them for the chicken. Doing this is going to make me late. Ten minutes late. But, I did it. I wasn't going to answer the phone but I had wanted to call him and make sure he got the turkey out since it's still at the station. I never called him so when I saw him calling I answered. Wrong move! Since I didn't drink my tea, which really wasn't good with coffee creamer in it, I asked him to make me a cup. Now, in all the years we have been together, the man still is clueless as to how I take my tea. I find a cup with the tea bag still in it sitting waiting for me. I told him to put sugar because I didn't have the time to explain I wanted honey. Took it over and put the milk in it, bolt out the door, it's now 9:55. I'm supposed to be at work at 10. As I'm driving down the road, and it's pouring, the lid pops off and I spill the tea on my jeans. Well, better the jeans than the car seat or floor right? Get to work and the hospice nurse is already there. Had I thought that morning, I would have realized she was going to be there. When she comes, she's always there 10 am or a little earlier and I try to be on time. Get in and within 5 minutes the office is on the phone. Since I go from home to home, I have the person I see sign my time sheet for the day I was there. Since it's the same house every day, I just make my lady sign once, because that's normally more than she can handle. Your supposed to get a signature every day. I don't. Well, the home office has decided that they want a signature every day and the other sheet has to be initialed for each day I'm there. That sheet I just make her sign once, anywhere, and that's that. Since I work for hospice as well, I have to do the same paperwork for them to. Four sheets to sign is just to much for her. So, in order to get paid for that week, I had to redo the sheets and have her sign each line for each day I was there. Yeah, right. Didn't work to well. I even put little x's where she's supposed to sign. Lets just say there are 4 signatures on the time sheet, somewhere and 4 initials on the other sheet, somewhere. I had to drop it off at the office after work and showed it to them and told the new woman that's the best she can do and the main office just has to accept that. It really irritated me. I've been only having her sign once and using ditto marks for almost 3 years now, and all of a sudden someone decides they don't like it?? I think whoever decided this needs to go to some of these peoples homes and see how hard something like this is for them. They've never done the field work before. The work day did go rather fast though. I get home and take the oldest to work only to have hubby tell me that the fool is bringing the uncle ( different uncle) to the station. Him and his wife are leaving for India on Friday and he wanted his beard trimmed before he went. There is a barber shop the next block over that has an older man working in it and this uncle likes to have this guy trim his beard. Ok. But, since the fool will have to work, we have to take uncle back to his son's house. Now we all know how much Indian men love their whiskey. The car reeked from those 2. It still does. We had to go through a spot check. They were checking seat belts and inspection stickers. The windows were a little foggy so I had to roll down my window so they could see in. I don't even have to say what happened next. Of course, those 2 in the back seat didn't have their seat belts on. I knew they had a bag with them, I was just so glad it wasn't whiskey. Twenty minutes later I leave with 2 tickets for no seat belts. Fortunately, that's all. As if my day wasn't bad enough, this was just the icing on the cake. I'd about had it at that point. Hubby was like it's no big deal. He gets to pay the tickets. He doesn't seem to understand that the whole thing really wasn't necessary for me and the oldest to go through. We all know when you get stopped, they have a real attitude and bark at you anyway. Let them smell alcohol and you become pond scum to them. There's just no need to treat people that way.
Since today I'm off, I'm going to bake my pies for tomorrow and the cookies. Making chili to put in the crock pot for dinner and working on the laundry, which is behind yet again. I thought I just got caught up on Monday. Don't know what happened. Personally, I think it's reproducing when I'm not looking, lol.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
2 comments:
I'm baking for tomorrow too. We get the wild turkeys around here as well. Amazing things to see, in my opinion. Enjoy your holiday!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Post a Comment