Really nasty day here today. Cold, rainy and just plain dreary. But, one more day until the weekend. Not that I have anything special planned, just the end of the week. Once Friday gets here, I get kind of laid back. The weekend is coming I don't have to rush to do anything or be anywhere, except church, which always seems to be a rush lately, lol.
I've decided that I'm going to go knit tonight, even though I feel like I've got a cold coming on. If I'm going to get sick, it has to be during the next 3 days to kick my butt, I have to be better by Tuesday. Next week is a full work week for me and then the week after, which is Thanksgiving, is a 2 day work week for me. Hard to believe that this month is half over already. Where has the time gone? I wanted to be done Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving, but don't see that happening. Just to many things still going on.
As for the uncle, he's still here. Looks like he's going to be a permanent fixture around here. We took him job hunting on Saturday, which was a total nightmare. Nobody never seems to be able to get directions right, and we always end up lost and asking for directions 3 or 4 times. Anyway, this was a job he found on his own,you would think he could get the directions right since he had just been there the day before. I really thought he was going to get hired. No such luck. I'm beginning to think he's being offered jobs and not taking them because they don't pay what he thinks he should be getting paid. This last one was a job in a motel. He would get paid a certain amount and be given a room to live in which included utilities. His only bills would be gas for his car, food, for one person, and cell phone bill. And he's telling me he can't live on a couple thousand a month! There are lots of people who do. Then he was telling me about a job opening at a convience store close to us, but it was part time. He didn't want it because it was part time. Now, I may be wrong in my view of things, but if you really want to work and are applying for jobs, why not take what ever comes along. It may not be what you want, but that doesn't stop you from continuing to look. That's how I feel. Especially since he keeps whining about not having a job, and no money. Times are tough, he can't afford to be picky if he really wants to work. I'm sure there's someone out there who would appreciate the jobs he doesn't want. And then I'm thinking, he's got it great here, why work? Hubby and I are taking care of him like he's one of our own kids. He's got it good, maybe so good he won't ever leave. That's not a pleasant thought
Went for a walk in the park the other day. One of the last nice days we're going to have I think. I haven't been timing myself because the last times I was walking there, before it got to hot, it took me 10 minutes to go around once. That's what I used. This time around I was noticing I wasn't listening to as many songs on my mp3 player. So, I timed myself. Seems I've gotten faster. Once around the park now takes me 5 minutes, not 10 so I've only been walking 15 minutes, and not 30. I'm still tired after 3 times around though. Guess just because I'm walking faster doesn't mean my body's still used to it, lol. Once the weather gets really cold I'm gong to have to find somewhere else to walk. Maybe I'll start getting up early and walking through the house before work. If I walk before work I get the walk in. If not, the walks a maybe. Hubby's uncle has been getting up in the early am and taking hubby to work. So glad, that means I actually get to sleep. Found out the fool isn't going to India this month. He can't find anyone to work for him. Gee, wonder why??
Well, guess that's about it for now. Have to get ready to leave soon.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
1 comment:
hello!
we had a few days of cold to shock us awake and then all of a sudden it was like springtime again, lol
a lot of folks are coming down with virus and what not.this kind of weather will do that.
I have been trying to stay well by avoiding crowded places.
so I thought i would drop by here and see if you were finding time to do work on your christmas gifts. the days are slipping by rather fast.
wow my family gets by on less than a thousand a month! to be honest i should say barely gets by! lol so what is that man thinking turning down good jobs !!!???
Post a Comment