

Well, this is where I should be this morning, but I'm not. Instead, I'm making a list for the day/ week, and then going to try my best to stick to it. This whole week has been upside down for me and I need to get back on track.
So, laundry is done and hanging outside, yes, a huge no-no for me, did some straightening in the kitchen, dishes done, and ground turkey dethawing for dinner tonight. Making chili. Yum! It's rather nice outside today. Yesterday was so windy you couldn't do anything outside. It's been cloudy for the past 4 days or so. The sun is out today and it's making me want to be out in it. We had snow flurries yesterday. The first! They were mixed in with some rain showers. Predictions for the higher elevations were for possibly 1-3". Yup, that time of the year.
We went to an Indian food store yesterday. It was about an hour drive each way. The store was small, but had a lot of stuff and the owners were actually nice. There's another store we used to go to, about the same distance, but the woman who ran it was never nice, even to hubby. There's a bigger store not far from that little one, which I really liked, but hubby said the stuff in there was old. Ok. The store we went to yesterday also had food for take out. Hubby ordered samosas. Boy, were they good!! They were better than the ones I've gotten in the restaurant we sometimes go to. I have to check into learning how to make them, if they aren't to involved. All last week hubby got indian food for dinner. Last night, he got a sandwich for dinner at work because no one cooked for him, lol. I had gone out and did some more holiday shopping. By the time I got home it was to late to cook indian food. I had gotten pork chops out before I left. I'm happy to say maybe 2 more trips and my guys will be done. Started hubby and the oldest. Hubby has been so hard this year, everything I want to get him he shows no interest in or wants to get for himself over in Indian when he goes. Geez! But, he's getting a stand to stack his movies in. He was telling me about it the other day and then showed it to me when we were in the store. Perfect, except I have to keep him from going in there and getting it himself, lol. Got all the guys some clothes yesterday.
Decided I wanted to decorate my windows this year. I haven't done that in ages. I wanted some red ribbon to hang gold balls from in the windows. Except, I wasn't willing to pay an arm and a leg for the ribbon. Found some red ribbon, all on one spool for cheap. Got 2 packs of six gold snowflakes for the same price as the ribbon. All in all it costs me less than $10 to do the windows. Not bad! I'm really in the holiday mood this year. It's been a few years since I wanted to be bothered doing all the decorating and baking, but this year I am. Making a list of cookies I want to bake is on the list for next weekend. I'm thinking I might even do the cookie cutter cookies this year. I haven't done those since I was a kid!!
The knitting has been coming along good. Until the day before Thanksgiving. Haven't' touched anything since. Been to tired. Seems like everyday we are going somewhere with hubby's cousin and his wife for the things they need for their house. I don't mind helping, but it's getting exhausting. Today it's just me and hubby going out. And the other guy he works with. At least there will be no kids, lol!
Ok, spent enough time on here. Have to get some more things done in the house before I go running again, lol!
1 comment:
Hi Brenda,
Samosas are not hard to make, but we always buy them, I only made them once or twice. Rolling out the dough thin is a hassle.
Post a Comment