Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday and Pink!!

And the craziness has begun!! What's even worse, is I found myself out on black Friday. Again!! I'm not a person who likes crowds, anywhere. I knew I was in trouble when hubby came home with the paper yesterday. Full of the black Friday sales. Personally, I thought I was being smart by not taking today off. Thinking if I had to work I couldn't go shopping. Wrong!! Learned my lesson though, never ever will I work on black Friday again. At least not as long as hubby is around. I think it's his favorite time to go shopping actually.

So, bright and early me, hubby and the oldest hit the stores. Wally world was first on the list. I think we got there around 7 am. Have to say, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. And, we got all but one thing on the list, so it was worth the trip. When we got up to the register there were no lines, not long ones that I could see. I went to the first register who had no one in line. The only problem we really had was finding the tv we wanted. Asked 3 different people and got 3 different answers. But, the last woman I asked was really good. We were looking for a particular tv so she radioed over and told the others that we were on the way and wanted that tv because it was the last one they had. I had the oldest guarding the 2 carts we had and told hubby to go over the the garden section, where the tv's were, and I would meet him there. I round the corner and hubby is standing in the isle. Told the man to run and grab the last one before someone else did!! Sorry, but if you got me up this early I'm gettin what I can get, lol! I got there just before someone else and got the last ticket. Other person wasn't to happy. Anyway, the guy thought there were more of those tv's in the back so he went to look while I waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, one guy comes over and tells me they don't have any more, but do have something similar, but a little more. They only had 3 of those and did I want one. By this time hubby was gone so I told him I wanted one and went to find hubby while they brought them out. If hubby didn't want to pay more we didn't have to get it, but took one just in case. We got 2 because hubby and his cousin both wanted one. The stands were on sale also. There were 4 stands left and I told the oldest to grab 2 and put them in the carts, before we got the tv's. Hubby wanted to wait, told him no because they might not be there after we find the tv's. Glad I did because by the time we found where the tv's were, the stands were gone. I got myself a Kitchen Aid mixer. Which was on sale. I've been wanting one of those like, forever. Three left, grabbed myself one.

Earlier in the week I had to go to wally world and get hubby's cousins wife a vacuum cleaner. Hubby, the cousin and his wife were in wally world but didn't know what kind to buy. Like I do! Anyway, I got a nice one. A really nice one. One I would love to have myself, lol! But, with the boys still home, not putting that much money out on one. I've gone through 3 vacuums in 6 years. Never have I gone through vacuums like this. Now, the boys can now vacuum. So, the one I do have is pretty beat up and doesn't clean all that well, but I've been refusing to buy a new one. I'll get a nice, new one when the boys move out. Anyway, hubby spies the vacuums that are on sale and grabs one of the boxes and asks me if I like that one. So, I go look at the displays and it's ok. He tells me to get it because it's pink. Can you imagine, a hot pink vacuum cleaner, lol?? Well, I'm the proud owner of one. And apparently a lot of other women to because there were 3 boxes left of those. They had other vacuums, but lots of other boxes left and they were cheaper than the one I got. Hubby's got this thing that since I'm female everything I have has to be pink. If it's pink, hubby will get it for me. I really, really detest the color pink!

Got back and dropped everything off and called work to tell them I'd be late. Really wanted a nap before I went to work. Now, since I've been on the go all day, I'm to wound to really relax. Laid down for about an hour and the darn cat would not leave me alone. Guess she was upset because it was late in the morning and I'm in bed. Not the normal routine. Once I got up she was fine. Crawled all over me when I got home but now that she thinks I'm staying, she's fine. Of course, stepping on her a few times might have something to do with it to, lol. Why, why do cats decide to lay right under your feet??????? And then have the nerve to give you a dirty look because you didn't see them??

Came home to the new tv set up and the sun room rearranged. Oh boy!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Sounds like you made a haul on black Friday. I have never been and don't plaN ON STARTING NOW but you did a great job.

Amrita said...

Black Friday ha...ha good name!

Glad you got good bargains at the sales.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.