Friday, November 13, 2009

End of another week

I'm actually glad today is the end of my work week. I'm tired, but in the mood to get some things organized this weekend. Like my closets. Time to dig out the winter clothes. Went on a glove search last night, only found 3 gloves. One pair though, lol. The weather seems to be staying cooler so I need some warmer tops. But not for work. To hot in there, have to keep some t-shirts out for work. Warm tops for in my house and t-shirts for work, what a combination! Last year at this time I was bundling up because the house I worked in used very little heat, all winter long, so I froze. This year I will melt if I don't dress accordingly.

Also have to think about Thanksgiving. What I'm cooking. I took the day before off as well, so that will be a nice week. Have an in service that week to, so not much will be getting done. I wanted the time to bake the day before. That way the day of I don't have much to do. Don't think anyone's coming this year, haven't invited anyone. Just as well, I can use the time to rest and relax.

I've been hearing hubby's cousin isn't coming back on Sunday. Maybe another week yet. Told hubby I need help with running these kids, because it's just getting to be to much for me. My hospice case hasn't gone away. It's still waiting for me. So, guess Monday or Tuesday I have to start that.

Went to knit last night. The first time I've been out all week. Still working on the baby blanket. Realized I have made a mistake, so ripped it out to the mistake. By the time knitting was over, the blanket was right back to the point it was when I walked in there, minus the mistake.

I've officially started my Christmas shopping! So proud of myself. I've bought a few things, have a few more to get. Not buying much this year and not giving much either. I'm making up 4 baskets and knitting dishcloths and a set of place mats for in them plus some other things like flavored teas, hand soap and whatever looks good. Things I know the families will use. Also have thought of putting sticky buns in there to. That will be the day before given though. Not knitting the guys in the house anything. They don't use it.

The plan for hubby is to get him an mp3 player and download some Indian songs on a blank cd for him. This way we can put them on the mp3 but he can also listen to them at the station in the stereo they have there as well. Other than that a few thermal tops, maybe some bottoms and that's about it. He's been looking at a bracelet for a while now. Might get it for him, might not. I've bought him so many bracelets in the past and he never wears them.

The oldest has me pretty stumped. All the kid wants is games and more games. I refuse to buy the kid any games. Him I have to think on. My parents, their stuff just needs to be boxed. I've been working on their stuff through the months so they are done. That's about it for Christmas in this house this year. Not over working myself with knitting either. Hope I can stick to my plans, but we all know the saying, man plans and God laughs.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Hope th cuz return and you won 't have to drive the kids around.

Give your hubby a n aftershave lotion or something - if he 's got his bracelets.In India that 's a popular menz gift

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.