Woke up yesterday with a migraine. Took something in time so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but enough to put me down for most of the day. There have been so many fronts moving through with this crazy weather, I'm not surprised. Was up and around by the end of the day. Of course! Hubby called a few times while he was at work to make sure I was feeling better.I'm up and ready for church this morning. Was up earlier than normal, but stayed in bed until the alarm went off. I forgot that the alarm is set ahead by 30 minutes, so I was still up early. Every things done and they boys are ready to. Normally, we are all still scrambling at this time. My eyes are feeling tired, but other than that, I feel pretty good. Sometimes, I think the migraines are my body's way of telling me to slow down. I'm trying to adopt the there's always tomorrow attitude. Not working so well for me.
Hubby told me one day last week that his cousins wife in Canada was going to have a baby around December. He wanted me to make some things and send them off at that time. I found out Saturday morning that she had the baby already. It's a girl. Well at least I know what kinds of things I can make for her. I've already started a blanket. I chose green and going to put a crocheted pink border around it. Decided on the pink after I knew what she had. Originally, I was going to make the border yellow. Since I had so much fun at knitting last week, I decided that I have to make time for this again. It's the break from my life that I need. Not to mention I get to socialize with all females. If you live in a house of all males, you know what I mean. A friend of mine brought in a knitting book and in it is a pattern for leg warmers for a baby. So cute. I borrowed the book to make a copy so I can make a pair. I didn't realize just how much I miss knitting, but I do.
Instead of class occupying my time 5 days a week, I'm going to cut it down to 3. I need the time away and I can get some projects going. I've been working on a shawl with a drop stitch in it. I wasn't sure about it at first and was going to not do the drop stitch, but now that it's done, I have to say I really like it. I have to redo the bound off edge, it's to tight, bit I think I can fix it. The problem is going to be blocking it. It's 60" long and I have no place to just wet it, pin it, and let it dry. I'm thinking of putting it on the ironing board, and doing section by section, but that will take a long time. When it's all done I think I'm going to give it to hubby's sister. Have to remember to take pics because I probably won't be doing another one like it anytime soon, if every. Purposely pulling stitches out of knitting and making holes just goes against everything you've been taught as a knitter, lol!
Hubby wants to hit wally world today after church. I hope he doesn't want to spend hours in that store because I'm just not up to it today! In and out of stores is what I like. Of course, I have a yarn shopping trip planned after work tomorrow, but it's for yarn, lol! Then needle shopping online so no over spending. Like I need more yarn. If hubby had any clue as to just how much yarn I really have he wouldn't let me near a yarn store in years, lol!
2 comments:
Hi Madison,
My wife and you would get along well as she is into sewing and such too. She is starved for female companionship too in our one horse town of 4400, in S.E. Wisconsin, but I take her out often and she loves church.
Thank you for the fine comment on my Blog!
Hugs,
Tom S
Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70
Jesus is Lord
My sis in Canada told me about it.
She said a good way to remeber time change is
In spring you spring forward and
in fall you fall back.
In India time remains the same.
Post a Comment