Monday, November 2, 2009

Been thinking

I know thinking can be dangerous, but in my case I've come to some decisions, lol. I've decided to take a break from classes. I'm going to finish the chapter I'm in, but after that, hopefully before Thanksgiving, I'm taking a break until after the new year. This way I can enjoy the holidays with out the stress of class and I really have been pushing it since July, so I think a break is needed. This means I won't graduate in December like I planned, but on the other hand, when I come back I have one more chapter, a final, and the thesis. The thesis is on the last chapter anyway, so I figure I have months to really concentrate on it. And I'm taking a break over the summer to. Going to try to follow more of a going to a college schedule. I feel good about this so it must be the right decision.

This is the time I year that I really enjoy. All the preparations for the holidays and the time with family. I also really get into the knitting at this time because things are usually gifts for someone. Don't think anyone in the house this year is getting anything knitted from me. None of them wear what I make, so why waste my time.

It really doesn't feel like November outside. Still in the upper 50's. Started my holiday shopping to. I'm determined this year not to be out in the stores shopping after thanksgiving. I have hubby's list and the youngest list. Only one thing for the oldest. I'm clueless for him this year. I've decided we are cutting way back this year anyway, only a few things. The older they get the more expensive the things get!! If they get a few things they really like they should appreciate what they get.

Ok, break times over. Time to hit the books for a few hours, lol!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Keep going Brenda. What course are you doing?

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.