Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday

Really not much going on today. No kids here. Yeah!!! The oldest is working and the youngest is out. I'm actually feeling a little bored. I have all this time to myself and don't know what to do with it. That's really sad, because during the week I crave this time, lol.
It's a really nice mild day here today. Not to cold and not to warm. It's supposed to be mild like this the rest of the week. That's ok, I still have some yard work to do. Things that need to be covered up and bulbs that have to come out. I usually don't take my bulbs out, but something over the winter eats my gladiola bulbs and since I don't want to re buy them every year, I pull them out. There's some stuff that needs to be covered for the winter since it won't fit this year in the shed.
Uncle is still here and I'm still upset with him. Hubby told him what he did and he never apologized to me for it. I don't know if he apologized to hubby, but I don't care, I live here to and he has to have respect for me by apologizing. After all, if I push hard enough I can get hubby to make him leave. Guess uncle doesn't realize I have final say, in everything! Anyway, he' s pretty hard to ignore so that's mainly what I'm doing. The man doesn't get up until between noon and 2 pm. By the time I get home from work I have to run and do something so I'm not here. When I do get home it's with hubby and they talk and what not. After hubby goes to bed, I take over the tv in the sun room and he goes off into his room. No problem for me. I know that's mean, but I just can't help feeling the way I do right now. He never really talked to me much anyway, only when he wanted me to do something for him did he talk to me.
Since today's the first of the month I hopped on the scale. I also did my measurements. After careful consideration, I'm going to see this as a positive step in the right direction. I'm up 1 lb for the month, but I've lost 2 inches around my waist and 3 inches around my hips. Taking into consideration that your weight fluctuates throughout the day I'm not going to spaz about the gain. It is possible to lose 1 lb overnight. But, you can't lose inches over night. Anyway, that's how I'm looking at it. I just have to make sure my inches keep going down this month, lol.
Hubby and I are going to try to start walking together after he gets done work every night. We were talking last night and I think maybe hubby is having anxiety attacks. He told me it started when he went back to India. I didn't think to much about that because preparing for a long trip like that has to be stressful. But, it's continued on since he's been back. For all hubby's faults he really is a good man underneath it all. I think maybe everything is just catching up to him. Once you hit your 40's things start going downhill. Believe me, I know, lol. Anyway, I think maybe he just needs to start slowing down some. The man is always moving and doing something. Even on days when he leaves work early it's always go see this one, do check out that, get this for this one, etc. It's exhausting always doing for others. Anyway, I'm hoping that walking will help to clear his head and alleviate some of his stress. The man still, to this day, thinks I have no stress in my life. I think he thinks because I'm married to him I have no problems, lol. Everything's just fine, lol.
I've made no plans for me 3 day weekend this week. Just going to play it by ear I think. The youngest has a girlfriend who he wanted to go halloweening with last night. There was no one going to youth group so I didn't drive the kids. Youth group is abut 45 minutes away. To go that far and then go back out again 2 1/2 hours later to get them, is just to much for me. I've been so tired this week. After I take hubby to work in the mornings sometimes I've had trouble getting back to sleep again. I did lay in bed until I was ready to get up this morning. Have to say, I got the best sleep after I took hubby to work this morning.
Well, I need to get off here and figure out what I'm going to do with my day.

2 comments:

Estela said...

Love losing inches.. it's so much more concrete than the pound number on the scale. Congrats!

Rose said...

good for you!!

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.