Wednesday, October 29, 2008

feeling better

Got a few hours of sleep, but I just feel totally exhausted. My plan for the day is to bake. I bought boxed bread mixes for the fair. Should be fairly easy. I think I can get them all done today. Other than that I have to clean the sun room and water my plants. I forgot over the weekend and some are giving me the hint, lol.
Yesterday we got out first snow fall. I was really pretty, big flakes. We got maybe an inch, just enough to make everything slushy, since it had been raining before it turned to snow. Some of the higher elevations up North got up to 8"s of snow. One good thing about living farther South in the state is we usually miss a lot of the significant snow fall. Not always though, lol. Now I have to get outside this weekend and do all those things I've been putting off. I think I'm out of time now.
Had a chat with the boys about the chores they are refusing to do. Basically it was if you don't help to keep it clean, than you don't use it. Period. Got lots of help after that. I am going to start making them do their own laundry and help me cook. The oldest is clueless about both and these are things they really do need to learn for when they are on their own anyway.
That's about it for now.

3 comments:

Estela said...

I have a cheat sheet set up by the washer and dryer for the kids. I try to have them do a load or two once in awhile because I agree these are things they should know how to do before leaving home.

Rose said...

My stepson (he's 22) has been living here again for a couple of months. He does very little except drink too much and miss work. He was using my computer but I put a password on it so he can't get in it :) and I took the phone out of the living room, he was getting calls from girls at all hours of the night! The just think they are smart than us!

jun said...

hello dear, lucky you , real snow!
its cold but no snow here. guess what / i have to go to the dentist on monday! yeesh! i have a nasty abcess on my lower gum. I have been rinsing with peroxide so the sweeling went down. i pick up my antibiotics today to pretreat before my appt. was trying to ignore it but it got the best of me. lol

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.