Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday

Wow, I finally figured out how to make the type bigger! Guess I should just play around some more. Imagine what I could discover, lol.
Today seems to be my relaxing day. Yesterday I went shopping and felt better when I was done. Then instead of doing nothing, I gave the living room a really good cleaning. Every time when I walk in the door hubby's uncle jumps up and tells me to sit down and watch tv, lol. Only one of our tv's is connected to dish. It's the main one we use. He watches that one because that's the one that gets the Indian channels on it. But, the man has to know I don't get a lot of time to sit down and watch tv all day. There are some days I would love to do that, but not likely.
Went to church this morning and was feeling really good after I got home. Nice and peaceful. That was short lived when I got a piece of news that I have to break to hubby. He's not going to like it. I'm not going to like telling him, lol. The pastor who left the church about a year ago was there today. Him and his family moved down to Virginia around this time last year. I was surprised to see him. He looked like he lost weight in the face, but his belly has gotten much bigger, lol. He gave up the church due to health problems. He was telling me about his family and what everyone's been up to. He seemed really happy down there. It was nice seeing him again. I'm sorry hubby couldn't make it to church. Hubby really liked him to. They boys friend J went to church with us this morning to. I was surprised. I didn't ask him because I didn't think he would want to go. We've asked in the past and he always refused. Glad he went. It's made for a much calmer house today. The oldest didn't go. I had talked to hubby about the oldest going because he hasn't made it to church in quite a while, but it was hard getting ready for church this morning. Twenty minutes and 3 pairs of pantyhose later I was ready to get dressed, lol. I was determined I was going to win this battle. It seemed like everything I put on this morning didn't fit right. Then I remembered I'm bloated and needed to wear something larger than I normally would. Four outfits later I finally had something on that looked acceptable to me. I'm finally ready and then the youngest has a problem. His pants don't fit, to small. Now, yesterday we all got our clothes for church out, hoping to avoid this problem. So much for the attempt, lol. He was set on wearing this horrific shirt which reminds me of a bowling shirt, but uglier. It was really hard finding pants to go with this shirt. As we are finally getting ready to walk out the door hubby calls. Wants to know what I'm doing. So I told him and then he told me I could come and get the oldest. Well, it's 10:50 and church starts at 11 am and it usually takes about 15 minutes to get there. I told him I had no time to get the oldest and we were running late as it was. Why this man would call so late is beyond me.
The house is very quiet now. I believe all the kids are gone. The boys friend's parents are supposed to be here sometime today to get him. I don't know what the problem is, but they were here yesterday and they were all shouting and arguing with each other. I really feel bad, but I just can't keep doing this. I can't let these people keep doing this. I can't change my mind now and let him stay because that will just open me up to be taken advantage of more and more. But, I've done my part, did what I could.
Hubbys uncle has a lawyer appt tomorrow. I asked hubby about it the other day. His uncle changed the appt on Thursday and never said anything to me. I had to ask hubby. Why would you do this if you expect me to drop everything and run you. The least he could do is tell me ahead to time. Maybe that's why he's being so nice to me lately. He's figured out that even though hubby may say I'm going to do something for him, but if I don't want to I'm not going to and it's not worth the hassle, lol. A little respect is all I ask for.

2 comments:

Estela said...

your morning for church sounded crazy hectic trying to get it all together. Hugs

Rose said...

uncle sounds like my stepson I'll hang in there if you will ;)

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.