Friday, October 24, 2008

Very long week!!!!

I hadn't realized it's been so long since I've been on here. Almost a week, wow! I havne't been to any journals lately either. Well, today is Friday and I'm so glad. I thought the weekend would never get here. I plan on doing not much outside of the house. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and possibly into Sunday. Fine by me, I have lots of stuff I want to get started.
Last Monday I got nothing done. Had to take uncle to see his lawyer. An hour and a half drive each way! We left home around noon and got back home for the day about 4:30/5:00. What a long drive. I was so confused getting there. I had never been to that part of town and don't look forward to it again, ever, lol! Tuesday was dentist day so it was a half day. I woke up so ache with such a headache, I cancelled the appt and went home and crawled back into bed. I slept until around 4 or so. Guess I really needed the rest. Wednesday was back to work and back to normal. I actually planned the rest of the week to use the crock pot for dinner so that was done. Planned on going to Bible study, but my avon lady was coming and didn't show up until after it started, so I didn't go. I don't like showing up anywhere late. So that time was used to play catch up with the laundry and housework. Thursday I decided to make the boys start doing chores again. This is just to much work for me. I'm still doing housework until 8 and 9 pm. That's just not right!! So, they have been having a list to do everyday. Their chores are shorter on days the oldest works or they have youth group, but they still have to do something daily. Including weekends. I never had them do chores on weekends, but they have them now. I don't know what happened that I have fallen so behind, but I have. Yesterday, was dentist day right after work. I now know he works at that office all week, except on Friday. Good for me. Anyway, I was the last patient of the day for him. I didn't think he was going to do much since my mouth still hurts when I open it to a certain point. He said it's still healing and to keep putting the warm compresses on it, especially at night, to keep it from stiffening up on me. Like I have time to do that, lol!! He did the last of the fillings, needle free,(yay!!) and started working on my new teeth, which approval has come through for. So, as of now, I have no appt. I have to wait until they come into the dentist office, then I can make an appt. The receptionist was telling me that it takes a total of 5 visits to have everything done. Each time after you have a visit, it takes 2 to 3 weeks for them to come back to the office so you can make an appt. OMG!!!!!! I was hoping to have new teeth by the holidays, it's looking more like next year at this point! Since I was the very last patient, he kept asking everyone about their dinner. Guess he was hungry, lol. First thing he asked me was what I was making for dinner. Um, it's in the crock pot because I wanted to eat and run tonight. I knew Thursday was going to be long, because I wanted to go knit. I wanted to get to the dentist because of the pain in my mouth. I didn't want to wake up one morning and be in extreme pain and not be able to open my mouth again. I don't ever want to go through that again! So here it is Friday, hopefully the boys will go to youth group, and I'll have some down time. Tomorrow I have to get a list together of what I want to make people for Christmas and start using my Monday's off to work on this stuff. I know it's early yet, but I'm going to need lots of time. I am in no mood to be going anywhere. I want to stay home and do what I want to do. I think I need it now. Next week isn't looking as crazy and I have no intention of letting it get that way either.
Hubby's uncle still has to go to court. Don't know when that will be, but hubby is going with me for sure. That will be another long, long night for me.
I'm looking forward to a 3 day hibernation, lol!!

2 comments:

jun said...

hello1 i am still alive. lol
i cant believe you wonder why you are so behind! you make me tired just listening to all you do!
yep those boys are spoiled rotten. they should be doing their own clothes. my 13 year old does hers.where are they going to ever find wives who will do so much for them? these spoiled girls of today expect their husband to be rich so they can have a maid! lol
sorry, i dont want to be a bad example to a young wife and mother, lol i guess i am hopelessly lazy in my old age, jun

Rose said...

I remember one time a long time ago I went to this old dentist and I could hear his stomach growling in my ear!

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.