Saturday, October 18, 2008

In desperate need of time away

So glad the weekend is finally here. This week seems to have just taken it's good old time creeping on by. I fully intend to do some retail therapy for myself today. Child free, lol!! My plans all week have been to do nothing but relax. I'm so tired of going to work and coming home and doing housework to, I need a break, lol!
Yesterday the boys were supposed to go to youth group. Since my youngest decided to take over contacting people to bring snacks, he had to go. He hasn't been at youth group because of going to the games the past 2 weeks. Nobody scheduled to bring snacks this week but him. So, as soon as they get off the bus I take the oldest and we go into Htown. It's a little farther,but if we went to Ptown or Hilltown, it's not as cheap as Htown. So I made the drive. Payless is having BOGO so I made a detour and came out with 2 pairs of heals and 2 pairs of flats, lol. They had some really cute boots I might go back for next week. That has to be after the bills are paid though. Forgot to stop for some more yarn I need to finish my project, but I can do that today after I drop off my time sheet since I'll be in Htown again anyway.
As soon as my oldest gets in the car he tells me that his friend J wants to come and stay with us again. For 2 weeks! This is not the time to tell me this. It's Friday, I'm tired, it's been a long week and I had plans on chasing everyone out of the house all day and just doing whatever I wanted to do. Not cleaning and doing laundry. Then it sinks in that he said 2 weeks. I ask him who told the kid he could stay for 2 weeks?? My son's like I don't know mom, but I can't keep having him here. Ok, so getting tired of each other. On the way home we come up to out driveway and there is a red pickup truck coming out if it. My oldest says it's J's moms truck. Sure enough it is. And there's just her in it. He says he hopes she didn't just drop her kid off. I'm thinking the same thing. We decide to drive on by and go see hubby since it's time to get him now anyway. Hubby's working daytime now and is supposed to be getting done around 4 pm. We walk in the store and the fool is gone and hubby is busy. The fool has been gone since noon. Said he would be back in 30 minutes when he left. The fool works from 1 pm to 1 am. Guess that was better than working 4 am, since he likes to sleep and doesn't crawl out of bed until noon anyway. The fool's going back to India the end of November anyway so this is only temporary I'm sure. Anyway, I leave the oldest to start stocking. The fool walks in as I'm leaving. I get home and there's the boys friend, J. This is the last thing I wanted this weekend. I'm also angry that this woman would just drop her kid off at my house without even contacting me to see if it's ok. What kind of mother does that?? So I decided to tell the kid he could only stay the weekend and then he has to have his mother come and get him on Sunday. I don't like being that way, but right now I feel like she's taking advantage of us. We were kind enough to take her kid in because of the situation they are in, but to just drop your child and not say anything, you've gone to far and gotten me angry. We aren't related to these people, we are total strangers to them. Once again I've been taken advantage of for being nice. So when I talked to the kid I asked him why he wasn't staying with his mom and dad. They are staying with friends of theirs and had no place to put him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you're a parent aren't you supposed to make sure your children are taken care of by you, no matter what?? If worse comes to worse and you can't aren't you supposed to make sure you kids are taken care of first?? Why would you go stay at a place where there is no room for your kids?? The parents were staying with their daughter, but that only lasted a few days and she kicked them out. Not even going there. This kid J only spent one night at the friend house the parents are staying at and then went the next day to stay with another friend of his. They only kept him until Friday. That's why he appeared on our doorstep. Hubby's upset because this woman just dropped this kid and didn't say anything, but he's willing to let him stay. I'm not. The boys are all getting on each others nerves, no one sleeps at night. Having this kid here disrupts their schedule to much. It's bad enough uncle is still here. He' s another irritating situation all together, lol.
Well, I guess I should go back to bed now that I've gotten most of this out. Took hubby to work and he never started the car because he couldn't find the car keys so we were sitting in a cold car waiting for it do defrost. Definitely got frost last night so everything is done growing outside now for sure. I'm headed back to bed to warm up, lol.

1 comment:

Estela said...

Wow, it is amazing what some people will do without asking. I feel for the kid, but I agree that the parents shouldn't just be dropping him here and there without being sure it's okay with the family. Hope you had a chance to relax this weekend.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.